[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Sorta On-Topic..."Witch Doctor"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Sorta On-Topic..."Witch Doctor"
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-29 3:31 pm   Permalink

Here's a metal panel I pinstriped. Not really "tiki" but it's kinda walkin the line, so I thought I would post it. Hope that it's alright with ya'll....

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 3:39 pm   Permalink

I think that looks tiki, I also think it's very cool. I never tried pin stripping. It just looks like it would take to much patience. Something I dont have!

Awesome job!

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:53 pm   Permalink

Cool!
Tiki in my mind for sure.
I've always loved the bone through the nose thing.

Has anyone ever seen a boar tusk made for present day piercings? My soon-to-be hubby has that hole and would like one.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-07-29 16:55 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 6:53 pm   Permalink

Barnett you really need to post more of your stuff, I love your stuff, your on the list man, well....my list of artists to get work done by.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-29 7:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks, everyone, I really appreciate the good words. I might get another striped tiki-type-face done in the next day or 2...I'll post it on this thread if I do.

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 11:49 pm   Permalink

That is very cool, Barnett. I like the all-pinstriped style you use - very "Dutch-ish". Keep posting!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:02 am   Permalink

Thanks, Sam. Kenneth Howard (I hate to use the other name, now that fashion and "politics" are involved with it), Dean Jeffries, Ed Roth, Larry Watson...all those guys, and more, are HUGE inspiration to me. It's hard enough to emmulate them, just imagine BEING them and INVENTING this sort of stuff!!

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-30 00:02, BARNETT wrote:
Thanks, Sam. Kenneth Howard (I hate to use the other name, now that fashion and "politics" are involved with it), Dean Jeffries, Ed Roth, Larry Watson...all those guys, and more, are HUGE inspiration to me. It's hard enough to emmulate them, just imagine BEING them and INVENTING this sort of stuff!!

Have you ever heard of Dick Dean? He was in Detroit for a while in the mid '50s but went to California later to work with Barris I believe. He striped my father's first car back then, and that's what influence him to start pinstriping. My father's been striping since '56, and he's still at it.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:49 pm   Permalink

Sam...the name Dick Dean is real familiar, but I'm having a hard time picturing his work. I'll have to dig out my "little pages". I would love to see some of your Dad's work...got any pics?!

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-30 13:49, BARNETT wrote:
I would love to see some of your Dad's work...got any pics?!

I was thinking the same thing, wondering how far the apple fell from the tree?

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:17 pm   Permalink

Barnett, this is as tiki as you can get. Quit holding back show us the stuff we know you have..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:24 pm   Permalink

I'll have to scan some. My dad's old custom '55 Chevy was just on the cover of the May or June issue of Northern Rodder magazine. He doesn't own it now, but it talks about him in the article because he pinstriped it and helped build it. He also just told me that he was asked to speak at the "Pinheads" Meet in Detroit in August ("Pinheads" is a nationwide organization of pinstripers which meets regularly across the country). When I was growing up, he would always be striping those semi trucks back when drivers wanted gold leaf and 15 different colors of striping on them. He would turn those trucks into works of art. I remember him pinstriping everthing from show cars to Harleys to bicycles. When I got my first guitar at 10 years old, I was the only kid at guitar lessons who showed up with a classical guitar that was wildly pinstriped in 3 colors. I didn't think much of it then, but I sure wish I still had that thing!

www.samgambino.com

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 2:52 pm   Permalink

Here's one of his panels for Mack Brush Company. He's retired now, but I could never imagine him giving it up totally.

www.samgambino.com

tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 3:27 pm   Permalink

now we see where the talent comes from sam!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-30 6:50 pm   Permalink

Sam, your Dad's stuff is GREAT! Thanks for posting it.

Benzart...thanks for the invvite to post. I really don't have any tiki stuff to match the caliber of work floating around this site, but I'll be happy to hurt ya'lls eyes with what I do have.

Here's a mini bike seat I did....

Some little wooden purse-boxes...

MDO cut out (sorry about the drawing board backgground)....

Toilet seat...

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-30 18:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-30 18:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: BARNETT on 2004-07-30 18:59 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation