FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Seatle: Vintage L-Shaped Bar + 6 stools =$400
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Seatle: Vintage L-Shaped Bar + 6 stools =$400
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:25 pm   Permalink

on Craigslist: the owner promised & sent pics. i told her i'd show TC people first..since i already have my bar. her email is repoz@speakeasy.org.

also for sale, couch and chairs

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2004-07-29 16:27 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 4:56 pm   Permalink

COOL!
Thanks for posting that!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 5:53 pm   Permalink

That's very nice. Is that in California, Washington or...???

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 6:25 pm   Permalink

SWEET Bar, that is the foundation on which one hell of a good tiki lounge could arise!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-29 6:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-29 17:53, Kono wrote:
That's very nice. Is that in California, Washington or...???

Seattle (i misspelled my new hometown) Washington

the owner is de-tikifying the room, because (and i quote) "thats what happens when you have kids"

man, wouldnt it be cool to have to go to your room if it were a tiki bar?

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 7:11 pm   Permalink

Anyone that needs a bar and that lives in the area would be crazy not to grab that for $400. A little work and that bar will be outstanding.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 7:23 pm   Permalink

It sounds like something I'd be really intersted in, but the pics aren't appearing. Is it too late? I've never used craigslist. I guess I'll google around.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 7:27 pm   Permalink

Dang. It was easy enough to find craigslist, but searches for "tiki bar" and "tiki" didn't turn up anything.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-29 9:46 pm   Permalink

Speaking of cool finds on Craigslist...Here's a cool tiki table up for grabs in the San Fran bay area. I really wanted it and was ready to buy it this aft but at lunchtime my dog jumped thru a plate glass window while chasing after a fly...(yep, he, sPoT!, is OK but had to have some expensive stitches and staples today...not to mention the cost of replacing the window...so therefore, this cool tiki table is somewhat cost-prohibitive to me now. DAMN! Heck it's only 100.00! I really really hope sPoT! killed that fly. Hopefully one of you will like the table as much as I and can get it and enjoy it...and I will enjoy it vicariously thru you! Here's the link
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/fur/36967917.html
If the link no worky go to craigslist.com, San Francisco, and type 'polynesian' as a search term. Good luck all. AND if anyone knows anything about this table...who made it, where its from, what its worth...etc, (with my luck, it's worth a miiiiiiiiillion dollars$$$$...) please post and let me know what I'm missing. Many cheers to you all, K

[ This Message was edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-07-29 21:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-07-29 21:48 ]

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeoGrendal

Posted: 2004-07-29 10:38 pm   Permalink

Hi,

The Craig's List posting for the Bar was made be my wife and I. We really appreciate the interest this forum is generating. So I thought I would pop and leave our links, and yes the bar is still available. We are also selling the Bamboo Sofa and Chairs.

Bar Link
http://seattle.craigslist.org/fur/37835833.html

Sofa Link
http://seattle.craigslist.org/fur/37833871.html

View Profile of NeoGrendal Send a personal message to NeoGrendal  Email NeoGrendal     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:03 am   Permalink

That's a steal at $400. C'mon, somebody buy it.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:42 am   Permalink

printed pix for monkeyskull ~ showed him at The Islands.. i think the owner pulled the ad, so that i'd have first chance at it. (sending you the pix via email!)

have emailed the owner, and said you'd email, monkeyskull!

argh, she raised the price a bit.. to 500
http://seattle.craigslist.org/fur/37833871.html" TARGET="_blank">craigslist bar

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes on 2004-07-30 00:58 ]

Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 09:25 am   Permalink

Clearly, that bar was made by the same people who made my bar. Mine is a different shape, but, it came with the same cabinetry, same stools, same wood for the top (I stained mine), Same foot rail and trim and same rattan construction. It would rule if I put these two together and made a flip up entrance between them. does anyone know where it came from?

Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-29 18:35, dogbytes wrote:
the owner is de-tikifying the room, because (and i quote) "thats what happens when you have kids"

WHAT?!? Kids and tiki can peacefully coexist!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 11:32 pm   Permalink

I dropped by the seller's house to check out the bar. The pictures don't reveal how badly in need of refinishing it is, but it's still a really swell piece. The only problem is that I think it's to big for me to get where I need it. I took a bunch of measurements and tomorrow I'll try and figure out if there's any way I can squeeze it into my basement. (The owner says it took 5 guys to get it into his place, and he doesn't have the narrow basement entryway that I have leading into my door.)

The owners have other tiki stuff they are selling too -- serving trays, an elaborate serving dish, a large wooden tiki mask, etc. I didn't follow up much on the details, as the bar was my main interest and it would have pretty much maxed out my tiki budget for a while.

As I was late, I didn't have time to follow through on my promise to dogbytes to take pix of the other stuff. But the owners are nice folks and would probably happily answer questions.

Cheers,
monkeyskull

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation