Recipe: Spiked Egg Cream
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 8:06 pm   Permalink

Tall Glass of Seltzer
Heaping Spoonful of Chocolate Syrup
(My Wife likes Hersey's Dark)
1 Shot Rum
(I'm using light, but dark rum might work?)
1 Shot Kahlua
Stir Well
(My preference is on the rocks)

An egg cream is a yummy drink to make, which actually does not contain egg nor cream.

It's basically just a glass of seltzer w/ chocolate syrup mixed in.

Some folks add milk too, but I don't think that's the traditional way.

Add some rum & Kahlua & enjoy this yummy treat!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-07-31 20:07 ]

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-02 10:08 pm   Permalink

I like this recipe. Chocolate and rum have been friends in rum balls and cakes for years but I rarely see it used in a sweet drink.

I make a similar drink every now and then which I call a Chocolate Lab (as in Labrador Retriever). It's bourbon, and Hershey's and either milk or still water (all to taste) shaken and served on the rocks. The bourbon makes it manly, but women lke it too.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 12:06 am   Permalink

Mmmm, sounds tasty! The Egg Cream purist would use Fox's U-Bet chocolate syrup. Real New York stuff. It has the Egg Cream recipe right on the label and they even offer a syrup pump you can send away for. Yummy fun.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 06:58 am   Permalink

had another version of the spiked egg cream last night, this time w/ just a shot of amaretto. delish!

woof: the chocolate lab sounds yummy. i'll have to try it.

weird unc: i did a little looking around & have yet to find Fox's U-Bet in my corner of jersey. haven't given up yet. i did notice you can get it online - & that they have vanilla syrup too!

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation