Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Dick's Rum Barrel Question
Trader Dick's Rum Barrel Question
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-31 9:53 pm   Permalink

Anyone have any info on when these were in use at Trader Dicks? I recognised the other style, the drunken sailor, in Tiki Quest, but this was a new one to me. Using the search I came up with an old post from BigBro commenting that he had never seen one, in reference to the pic posted by midnite in the gallery section(shown below)

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo on 2004-07-31 21:53 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-01 10:36 am   Permalink

There are four mugs in this series. I saw an Ebay auction that credited these mugs as a giveaway for an Australian brand of rum. I lived in the Reno Area for six years and frequented many thrift stores and drank at Trader Dick's often, I do not believe that these mugs were ever used at Trader Dick's in Reno.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-08 08:28 am   Permalink

Not too long ago I got this one from the Trader Dick's Rum Barrel series.

So there's the Wahine, The Sailor, and The Monk. Alnshely says there's four in the series. Does anyone know what the fourth one is? For that matter, does anyone have more information on when and how these were distributed?

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 09:52 am   Permalink

From the collection of tin_omen. It looks like these were promotional items for Trader Dick's rum which was produced in Australia.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-08 7:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Kate! Might as well put together a family portrait thanks to Ooga Mooga.

The Sailor from the collection of Feelin' Zombified, the Wahine from the collection of tikicleen, the Native from the collection of tin_omen, and the Monk.

The plane! The plane!

[ This Message was edited by: Tattoo 2008-09-08 19:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tattoo 2008-09-08 19:34 ]

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 9:33 pm   Permalink

I love that one with the monk. My grandma had a collection of those ceramic monks you see all over at antique malls (anyone know what the story is with those things?).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation