FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-08-13 06:20 am   Permalink

great stuff !! ket me know when you have a surplus of lamps available for sale... I may need to pick up one or 2.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-08-13 09:25 am   Permalink

Holy smokes that's an awesome picture Woody!

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-05 7:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Here's a new one I made a couple weeks ago. It was nice to have some time to do something new... I did a spree of lamps for friends and customers that were replicas of stuff I've done before, which was motivation to see something different through after those were done.

Quality of these pics is not so good, but the idea is there:

Cheers!
Woody

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-05 7:31 pm   Permalink

That lamp looks very cool, thanks for sharing!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-05 9:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks MikeyTiki!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-06 09:57 am   Permalink

Hey Kahaka, you used my favorite sea shell. I use them when I add dozens of shells to spruce up old lamps.

I think my fix is pretty while your lamp is deadly gorgeous. That's one of the most interesting lamps I've ever seen. Very cool, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-06 7:40 pm   Permalink

Very cool lamp, Wendy! I dig those kitchy old lamps... looks like that one might have been from just over the hill from us in Santa Cruz.

I like the turretella shells a lot too! You're praying that the lamp doesn't fall when you're sitting underneath it. Haha. There was an old Orchids of Hawaii lamp that used similar shells resinned into the bottom. Always thought they kinda looked like stalactites.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-06 8:36 pm   Permalink

Exactly. I once had a meeting in a small room. Due to crowding I sat under a Nuclear Medicine camera. I forgot and stood up and almost knocked myself out. I thought of that when I saw your lamp but I didn't want to say it. It's beautiful but I wouldn't want one of those shells stuck in my head.

We love Santa Cruz and hope to go there in March. Take care, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-07 06:30 am   Permalink

Love the hat trick you did on the bottom!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-07 12:17 pm   Permalink

Wendy- Ouch! I'm by no means a fan of a head bump (I seem to slam my noggin' often when I'm lamping... low ceiling in my basement with plenty of plumbing to watch out for). Luckily this lamp is well above the patrons' heads at Notch's shop tiki bar here in San Jose. He has nice tall ceilings in there.

Tikiskip- Good eye! The hat on the bottom had a dome shape to it that didn't look right, so I cut it off. Attached the inside frame to the outer bottom with the shells and seaglass, sandwiching the hat in between the two.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-01-23 08:42 am   Permalink

Hi Kahaka, we love Notch and his tiki bar. Someday in the future we will see your terrific lamp up close. Cheers, Wendy

Walt_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-02-07 09:47 am   Permalink

Hey man your lamps are awesome!!!! do you have an etsy account or website to look at pricing and to see current stock?

View Profile of Walt_Tiki Send a personal message to Walt_Tiki  Email Walt_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-07 12:04 pm   Permalink

Hi Walt... Thanks for the compliment! The yellow link in my signature will take you to my Flickr page with examples of stuff I've done (don't think any of them are priced, though). You can email me at jchadgreenwood@yahoo.com or PM me and we
can go from there.

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-29 12:48 pm   Permalink

I'm super excited to get back to working on lamps in my new garage. It's amazing how much easier the work can be when you have enough space to be organized. The days of working in a quarter basement with 5 1/2' ceilings are over!

Here are some I've made in the last 2 weeks; a couple replicas of stuff I've done in the past. I had to recreate the cage piece in the first pic from scratch. On the first "Tonga Drum" I made of this style, a friend of mine had found a rattan ring cage which I incorporated into the lamp.

I have gained even more respect for Tiki Skip's work after meddling with tying this thing together. Tedious, time consuming work, but fun!

murphdog
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-04-29 12:54 pm   Permalink

As always, Woody, your lamps are amazing!

View Profile of murphdog Send a personal message to murphdog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation