FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 3:11 pm   Permalink

Word.

[ This Message was edited by: KAHAKA 2012-12-14 16:24 ]

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-14 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-14 09:00, tikiskip wrote:
Nice lights by the way.
Love the way you do the Tapa on these.
Need to do more with Tapa, I can't bring myself to cut it.
It's like cutting up a Picasso and making a collage with the parts.

I know how you feel, Skip. But I found a supplier of cheap, modern tapa, that I'm not broken up about cutting. Maybe that would help.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-16 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-08 12:42, tikiskip wrote:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43535&forum=2&6

???

These lamps are going to steal the show!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-18 7:34 pm   Permalink

I don't know about all that, Ben, but I'm honored to be a part of it. My Uncle David grew up on Kauai, and lives in Lihue near his Mom, who is now 106 (born and raised on Kauai). He wrote a book a few years back about the Coco Palms, which was mentioned in this thread here: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=27511&forum=1&hilite=coco%20palms
He was an extra in South Pacific and palled around with Mitzi Gaynor back during the filming. I got extra excited when I saw that you're including some Coco Palms elements in the build out. Seems meant to be. Mahalo plenty for the kind words!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 8:17 pm   Permalink

My Grandpa's first wife Anna died at 106 in Lihue on Tuesday with my Uncle David and Aunt Marion by her side, just as these lamps leave for Tiki Iniki in Princeville. I was hoping to be able to visit her and other family members on the next visit to Kauai after Tiki Iniki had opened. These lamps are dedicated to her.

Cheers,
Woody

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 4:47 pm   Permalink

wonderful stuff as always...

sorry to hear of your loss.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-08 09:35 am   Permalink

Woody, I'm sorry for your loss too. Those are fantastic lamps.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-08 1:01 pm   Permalink

Your lamps are a beautiful tribute for her. It would touch her heart that you showed this love. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-08 10:48 pm   Permalink

Anna would be proud Woody! Excellent lamps once again.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 7:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks you all. She was a great lady. She's in a pic on page 366 of the Coco Palms book with my Aunt Marion, Uncle David, and Grace Buscher Guslander that managed the hotel for many years. Here's the pic:

Here are a few lamps I'm working on to help pay for my maiden voyage to the Mai Kai in April. I can't explain how freakin' excited I am. These will be for sale when they're done:

Mahalo!
Woody

KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 7:20 pm   Permalink

Forgot to give due props to my pal Notch for supplying the carved pieces on the box shaped lamp! I split 'em to create space for the resin center parts. T'anks braddah!!

TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 07:08 am   Permalink

Your lamps and work are unmistakable. Great job as always. Anna will watch over them.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 09:37 am   Permalink

I really like that wood-framed style. The others, well they are just you're normal out-of-the-park awesome!

-Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 3:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! You make some darned nice lamps yourselves!

I need to finish these things... Waiting for the resin to dry is like, well, waiting for resin to dry. Takes a lot longer during the colder seasons. Hurry up spring!

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 5:29 pm   Permalink

Those are some very, very fine lamps. Outstanding work, Sir!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation