FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Kahaka's Tapa Tiki Lamps- Some of the Lamps I'll Have at Tiki Oasis
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 4:29 pm   Permalink

Beautiful lamps! I'm so sorry about your loss, too bad you didn't get to visit her but she would be proud of your work, it's fantastic!

I'm going to go to Tiki Iniki in August when I'm on vacation in Hawaii and I'm super excited!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 4:01 pm   Permalink

Sorry for your loss, you are keeping the flames of their legacy alive in the wonderful work you do. Seriously beautiful lamps.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 6:28 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the kind words! Tiki Iniki is gonna be somethin' with Bamboo Ben at the helm of the bamboozling.

Here are pics of the latest lamps, completed. The boxy one is spoken for, but the pointy number is for sale. PM me if you're interested! It's hard to see in the pics, but the bottom of the lamp with the pointy shells is purple and has little green sea glass pieces in there. The shells glow purple slightly from the resin that seeped inside them.

Mahalo!
Woody

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 9:57 pm   Permalink

Amazing Woody! Again.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 9:49 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

TC member Forgotten Tikiman requested a custom lamp, for which he chose elements from some lamps I've done before. Here's the finished product. Fun project!

Mahalo Steve!
Woody

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-10 10:48 pm   Permalink

Hats off to you my friend!
Thanks for all the support for designing beautiful lamps for all the tiki bar build outs that I work on.
Mucho Maholos.
Cheers.
Notch

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 1:29 pm   Permalink

Awesome lamps! I really admire your work.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 3:40 pm   Permalink

Really nice work!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 6:17 pm   Permalink

Some amazing talent there.

Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Canvas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 6:20 pm   Permalink

OMG, the blue seaglass ones! Amazing colour.

View Profile of Canvas Send a personal message to Canvas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 11:56 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. I'm excited to try out some new styles this summer and play around with some resins and carvings. Lots of IOUs to do, then time to get ready for Tiki Oasis!!

Here are a few I finished this week.

MAHALO!
Woody

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 12:43 pm   Permalink

Man, Kahaka, just when I think you've made the best lamp ever, you make another one to top it! Glad to hear that your lamps are hanging at many prestigious tiki bars and home tiki spaces!

Do you keep any on-hand, or are they mostly commission pieces?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 1:47 pm   Permalink

Really, Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Nice work!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 3:56 pm   Permalink

This thread should be made into a book. Your lamps are probably the best that this planet has ever seen. Totally terrific, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 09:57 am   Permalink

Wendy, I'll take compliments like that all day. How can that be topped? You're the best!

Polynesiac braddah! Mahalo plenty. I don't usually have any on hand unless I prepping for Oasis. I owe several to my buddies right now, so I'm gonna get going on those this summer. I like IOUs because then I get to try out new styles, and my pals have to take what they get! Haha.

Atomictikipunk!! You are really, really, really, really nice! Cheers!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation