Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music On the Rocks, XM Radio, and Don Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
On the Rocks, XM Radio, and Don Tiki
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 5:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-06 16:46, thejab wrote:
The review in MacAddict tried one in San Francisco and agreed that it took a while to find a clear frequency, but they were eventually successful. I use 88.3 for my CD changer in the Bay Area.

http://www.macaddict.com/issues/0308/rev.itrip.html

I had supposed clear frequencies (in the "88s" as well) , but they always floated in some damn other station. Ultimately not worth the hassle for me - but other cities may be better...

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:45 am   Permalink

Well this old thread was slightly depressing regarding the prospects for tiki/exotica music on satellite radio, but hope does spring eternal. I found this article interesting and even a bit encouraging, and with some practical info. as well:
http://www.slate.com/id/2151032

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 4:09 pm   Permalink

I admit I didn't search TC thoroughly to see if this has been posted on before, but the "On The Rocks" channel on XM is alive and well, online only I believe. I've known this for several years really, but haven't tuned into them in a long time. But tonight I listened to the channel and I'm quite impressed. I've heard Stanley Black, Walter Wanderley, Louis Prima, and a great Lambert-Hendricks-Ross version of Caravan.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 2:38 pm   Permalink

Well, it appears that XM has yanked On The Rocks for good. So much for a good thing.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-25 3:30 pm   Permalink

Lounge Music doesn't sell

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-27 04:43 am   Permalink

How's the market on Lounge Chairs?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation