FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who's extending their Hukilau stay?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Who's extending their Hukilau stay?
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 2:53 pm   Permalink

I'm tentatively planning on staying an extra week or so after the Hukilau, and travelling down through the keys. I haven't made any solid plans yet, and knowing me, I probably won't until Hukilau is over and I'm standing there alone in the hotel lobby hungover, bedraggled and saying "Now what?"

Anyone else planning on taking extra days in Florida? Before or after Hukilau? Keys Caravan, anyone?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 3:13 pm   Permalink

I know of at least 2 who will be there all week, one being Bamboo Ben and Mrs. B. I count 14 rooms booked on Wednesday before the event. A good bunch are making it an extra long trip.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 7:47 pm   Permalink

My uncle has a condo in the keys.

I pondered the idea of going down there after last year's Hukilau, but didn't end up going.

If there's gonna be a post-huki TC expedition to the keys, count me and the Mobile Exploration Lab in!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 9:37 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Pug, Mama Pug and I are going down to Key West for a week after Hukilau. If enough people come down, we were thinking about getting a TC snorkel trip together. There is a catamaran by the name of Sebago that takes snorkelers out to the reef. Staci and I have gone out on it many times and have always had a great time. If we could fill the boat up on Monday or Tuesday, it would be a blast.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 9:55 pm   Permalink

I'd be up for snorkeling! The best snorkeling I've done was just off of Key West.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 10:14 pm   Permalink

I'll be there as of Sept. 21st - and leaving late on the 27th. I hope to escape on a fun adventure or two during that week.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 12:13 am   Permalink

My buddy and I are heading north to the Spacecoast for three days of surfing before we start the trek in the rental van north. Staying in Melbourne with an old friend from home. I'm hitting anywhere from Cocoa Pier down to Melbourne Beach Sunday-Tuesday... Hurricane Swell Season!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-08-04 23:05 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 12:54 pm   Permalink

We're getting in to Ft. Lauderdale early and then we'll be heading down to Key West on Monday the 27th. If anyone else is going to be around Key West the week after Hukilau it would be great to relax and explore together

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 5:12 pm   Permalink

Another post-Hukilau event is Surf In The Turf II, held Sunday, September 26th at Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa.

Performers include I Belli di Waikiki, The Vodkanauts (both bands featured at Hukilau 2004) and The Thrusters, a hot-rod surf four-piece from Orlando.

http://www.skipperssmokehouse.com

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 12:16 am   Permalink

I'll be in Ft. Lauderdale from 9/22 until 9/29, at the Royal Palms. 760-427-1606

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 03:20 am   Permalink

I'm contemplating a trip to Orlando to check out all that is Disneyworld. Since this is my 1st trip to Florida and Orlando is less than 4 hours away I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about. No definite plans as of yet...

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 8:06 pm   Permalink

I haven't booked my flight yet but contemplating the Keys, (I've always wanted to go and explore there) Is there anything left after the hurricane??? Anybody know how hard if any the Keys got it???

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 8:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Pugs, "howzit brah" How you liking the dry desert heat? Can't wait to hear about it at the Huki! I'll see if I can get more time for the Keys. C-ya!

OKOLE MALUNA!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD, BUY BAMBOO!!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sea-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-18 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Humu...we are leaving Seattle for the Bahia Mar on the 19th and returning on the 26th. We'd love to hook up if you come early! Matt & Teresa

View Profile of Sea-Tiki Send a personal message to Sea-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 09:05 am   Permalink

Hey Shakatiki.. good to hear from you. Can't wait to catch up with you @ Hukilau. We are staying right at Mallory Square (Festival Of The Sunset) and I will be making mojitios by Sunday afternoon. All TCers are welcome to come by. We are still planning on a snorkeling trip if anyone else is interested.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation