FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Who's extending their Hukilau stay?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Who's extending their Hukilau stay?
Nani Tiki

Posted: 2004-08-21 6:19 pm   Permalink

I see quite a few of you are planning to head to Key West after Hukilau. We are totally addicted to KW and would like to make a few suggestions. For an excellent snorkle trip we recommend The Stars and Stripes. You can sign up for their trip at Lands End near Turtle Krawls. Small group with personal attention. They served a nice continental breakfast and a fabulous lunch. After snorkeling is done for the day they break out the beer. Its well worth the money. Sebago is huge with over 100 people on board which leaves many opportunities to get beaned by flippers. There's no comparison between the two. If you're really into Mojotos,Bartender Rob at El Meson De Pepe's at Mallory Square makes the absolute best Mojoto on the island. Very heavy handed with the rum and the man can muddle!!! We just got back from KW otherwise we'd be heading down again. Also, for those of you who are flying in for Hukilau, you might want to checkout the Catamaran that takes off out of Miami to KW. Go to http://www.fastcats.org/aboutus.htm

View Profile of Nani Tiki Send a personal message to Nani Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 09:54 am   Permalink

Sebago actually has 3 boats. The 100 person boat is used mainly for the Sunset Cruise. Everytime we have went out with Sebago, their hasn't been more than 30-35 people. Plus, the price is half of Stars & Stripes, and I'm sure most of our money will have been spent @ The Hukilau. I will agree with Bartender Rob's mojitos, very heavy handed and yummy. They are almost as good as mine.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 4:02 pm   Permalink

I am a new member of TC.
I was wondering if anybody would recommend renting a car or just getting there by Cab from the airport?
I am planning on attending all of the events at "The Hukilau" including the Mai Kai. I was just wondering if I need to rent a car.
If anybody knows about Fort Lauderdale I would appreciate your wisdom!!!
THANX

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-23 16:03 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 11:36 pm   Permalink

I booked my flight today and am staying till monday, but since it is only $25 to change the ticket, I might stay a day or two more. I have never been to Florida, 90 miles from there, but never FLA

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 10:48 am   Permalink

You don't need to rent a car if you're just going to hang out.

Someone will always be available to give you a lift and water taxis are very cool.

Plus once you get to the scenes you won't be going anywhere at night except crawling back to your room.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ukulare
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-29 10:20 am   Permalink

I'm also new to TC. Aloha, everyone! Hula Bliss (the wife) and I are heading down early for Hukilau and renting a convertible to drive down to Key West for a couple days before festivities begin at Hukilau. Then we're hanging around for a few days to enjoy the Florida sunshine (her first time there). We're staying at the Bahia Mar.

View Profile of Ukulare Send a personal message to Ukulare  Email Ukulare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 8:07 pm   Permalink

am editing my posts into oblivion before the Moderators do it for me......

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-02-23 10:19 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 10:42 am   Permalink

i think now we're pretty set to go see the mermaid show at Weeki Wachee Springs...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 3:34 pm   Permalink

No more extended Hukilau nuttiness for me, I'm afraid... my work has ramped up dramatically, and I'm going to have to change my flight to come back as early as possible. Hope everyone else has a blast in the Keys!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 5:27 pm   Permalink

I am a South Florida native, born and raised. My father and step mom own a condo on Key West. I know all of you Californians have cool bars and stuff, but Duvall Street downtown Key West cannot be missed. We call it the Duvall Crawl, where you start at 1 bar, and work your way down having a drink at each. There is Sloppy Joes, Irish Kevins, Captain Tony's, The Flying Monkey, etc...I wish I could take more time off, but alas, work work work...

Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation