FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Amazing Race!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Amazing Race!
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 09:33 am   Permalink

I hated to hear that the brothers lost, half of why I am watching it is I think to see Myrna and Schmyrna lose, I am sick of hearing how much they are good Christians and then watch them lie, and do the other things they do.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 10:19 pm   Permalink

Update! The cousins are out! I do have to give credit for Myrna who ate the chocalate, she ate the fish eggs, and ate the ostrich egg and showed a lot of grit.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 10:25 am   Permalink

I thought it was a great episode last night. I was amazed by the bartering of money to take the bus for Brandon and crew. Man, the other groups got off easy compared to them.

Are ostrich eggs that difficult to eat? I couldn't understand why many of the individuals were gagging on the food. Colin looked positively sick.

I think Chip and Kim have moved to my #1 spot to win!

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 1:06 pm   Permalink

Oh man, last night episode was great, Collin is definitely a dumbsh*t. Never argue & raise your voice at a cop in a foreign country, if there wasnt a film guy watching them, he would definitely be put in jail. Then he dumps all over his girlfriend among the other teams. Cant wait till next week!

Tbird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-08-25 13:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 1:12 pm   Permalink

I enjoyed this Mirna-free week. Didn't miss her one bit.

Hakuna matata??? Colin is a complete and utter asshole. Christie's going to be shocked at herself one day when she wakes up and realizes what she let herself put up with.

They did an excellent job with the editing... if it weren't for Colin going ballistic, there actually wasn't a lot of action in this episode, but it sure didn't feel that way while I was watching it. With the lined-up taxis and charter flights the whole way, everyone was pretty bunched up, and strategy didn't come into play that much. But still a great episode. That's the magic of The Amazing Race!

If Chip & Kim don't go all the way, I'm going to be *crushed* when the are Philminated.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 1:18 pm   Permalink

Humu, didnt christie even apologize to collin afterwards? He's a major hot head, i dont think they will last long in a relationship.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 1:46 pm   Permalink

I totally agree with everyone on Collin, I understood his point, but as an American in a foreign place you will never win, and I do not see them lasting, and I was in disbelief at her apology, but it makes me think of what you hear of women in abusive relationships they blame themsleves before the spouse. And the more I watch the more I am rooting for the Moms and Chip/Kim. And Humu I agree I think you would be great at this with your vast travel experience, Humuhumu's next great adventure?!?!

Toa

tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 11:15 pm   Permalink

yessssss! the evil twins are out! it's about time. i dunno, there was just something about them that just was not right.

now seriously folks, for those who had watched, would you have taken the slower roadblock/detour (or whatever the hell it is) if you had known that you would have gone to mud pits with awesome maori signage everywhere? the gates of hell, i believe it was called....in new zealand. now come on now, if you were in the contest, wouldnt you have taken WAAAAAY too long there wanting to examine each maori artifact and take a picture with each sign? the drunken hat and i discussed this and we each concluded that there was no way that we could win this leg with this assignament ahead of us. however, we would totally have done the sledging leg, but then we would have missed out on the artifacts. oh the decisions! we would be totally screwed at this game!

for those who did not catch the episode, the mud baths spot in new zealand presented a bunch of maori masks. one including a giant mask that was in the form of a gate. the end guy that they had to "check in" with had traditional maori facial tatoos of a maori warrior. it was awesome.

[ This Message was edited by: tikicleen on 2004-09-07 23:20 ]

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 11:51 pm   Permalink

Damn, their goes my team for the office pool, it was a random pick.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 12:39 am   Permalink

I always thought the twins looked too much like John Lithgow for my comfort...

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 12:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-08 00:39, Doctor Z wrote:
I always thought the twins looked too much like John Lithgow for my comfort...

Or, would that be Roberta Muldoon?

What a relief that it was the twins out instead of Chip & Kim. Chip & Kim really need to get aggressive, they keep happily letting Colin & Christie get ahead of them when they should be, oh, I don't know, racing?

At this point, I can't see Colin & Christie not winning. I think any of the other teams could beat them, if they were just willing to put a bit more effort into it.

I want to Zorb. I want to Zorb right now. In New Zealand.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 09:44 am   Permalink

I think the key to have Colin & Christie not win is to somehow get to the yield sign 1st in next episode, or at least get a real bad cab driver. How many episodes are left anyways?

Tbird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-09-08 09:45 ]

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 7:17 pm   Permalink

Every now and then, I'll look over at my wife and in my best Colin freak out voice yell "I'm Packin' it!"

What an A-hole! (Not Colin, me)

Each time the Maori faces blipped on the screen, I'd look at my wife and she'd say "Yes, I see them"

I wanna try all the extreme sport stuff they were doing last night! Was that hamster- ball thing the Zorb? I agree with Humuhumu, then. I too wanna zorb!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-09-17 01:36 am   Permalink

Amazing race junkie here, too.
I wanna Zorb badly (but Florida has few Zorb-able hills), but even more, I wanna Sledge. Really bad. Why kayak when you can have less plastic between you and the rocks?
My vote was for Colin and Christie, but after seeing him detonate while trying to plow, I think he is going to pop like a tick next episode. Man, she really gets under his skin. Well, at least she stayed clean so that while she is under his skin he won't get an infection.

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 4:43 pm   Permalink

Since I was travelling last week, I only just now got to watch my tape of this week's episode (thanks puamana & Selector Lopaka!). I'm not sure that I like the whole Yield thing, but I was pleased as punch to see Colin & Christie squirming, and was shocked that they would take it so poorly. All of the teams wanted to Yield them, Chip & Kim just happened to be the ones whose pic got put up there. Poor sportsmanship on C&C's part. Besides, they did so abysmally with the ox thing ("My ox is broken!") that they werent' going to do so hot this leg anyhow.

Chip looked like the most adorable little snoring baked potato with his silver blanket in the HK airport.

Whee! Finale next week! For anyone's who's interested, come on over to my place to watch it. I'll mix some drinks and make UtopianDreem's hummus. Email me or PM me for directions to my place.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation