Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New York, New York
New York, New York
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 4:49 pm   Permalink

We'll be there for a few days AUG. 19th - 20th - working on 21st - 22nd.
3 or 4 of us.

Otto's Shrunken Head is a definite either Thrs. or Fri. Gotta see those C'Al tikis.

Anyplace else a must?
Can we hook up with some Metropolis Ohana?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 7:06 pm   Permalink

maybe. but my wife has family from overseas during that time. i'll get back to you.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 10:22 am   Permalink

sure! I'm always up for meeting TCers in NYC!

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 11:25 am   Permalink

Hey Pablus,

That's a funky week for me, but I might be able to swing Ottos. When you narrow it down to Thurs. or Fri. let me know.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 5:03 pm   Permalink

OK here's the schedule:

Thursday night: Otto's Shrunken Head

Friday night: SMOKE jazz club and then - THE PLAN is to hit The Zombie Hut in Booohkln or maybe back to the Shrunken Head if the Fishermen are playing or something.

Sat. night: Gotta work at SMOKE - awwwww - what a bummer for this jazz freak to have to work at a jazz club.

BTW - My lovely wahine will be with me.
And I'll have 2 or 3 or 4 guys with me, incl. Ona Koka, depending on how game they are to forego sleep.

Hope to meet some metrotikis.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 03:55 am   Permalink

awe - you guys are making me homesick for the only other city that is the tops in the world for me than socal... i gotta visit really soon...
have fun at otto's.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 12:28 pm   Permalink

hey guys
steve from Otto's here!
If you guys are gonna be around on thurs. my band the Carvels are playing at 9pm. We're a 60's garage rock/girl group outfit.
hope to see you all on thurs.
s

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 02:42 am   Permalink

Terrific.
Strep.

Maybe Ona Koka can drink mine for me but I'm out.

Anybody got any morphine?

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 6:14 pm   Permalink

I just found this forum and am glad to see some New Yorkers (and NYC vistors) here. Otto's is a great place. Another spot you may want to hit is Waikiki Wally's, about 12 blocks downtown from Otto's.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 3:33 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry that i missed you all! i took a week off from work and was lounging at home! geez--sorry! I hope that you liked NYC TIKI!

manic Cat

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 7:18 pm   Permalink

I was at home with pneumonia.
I missed the whole trip and the cats that did make it are more into bedtime than tikitime.

My wahine and I are planning to be there in Autumn...post Hukilau. See you then!

liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 7:59 pm   Permalink

Steve,

How was the show? I would have come down if the Guided By Voices show had rained out, but it was a clear night down at the Pier, and The GBV show was awesome.

Too bad they're calling it quits.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 10:07 pm   Permalink

I will be in NY early Wed. morning, cant wait. NY, here I come....First stop. First bar open..Just Kidding

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:57 am   Permalink

show was great! sorry to have missed you as well. I saw GBV open for Cheap Trick and I never thought that you could drink that much beer and still stand let alone not have to go to the bathroom. They're probably quitting cuase their liver's are asking them to.
see ya soon
steve

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 3:57 pm   Permalink

G-B-V! G-B-V!

Pablus, don't be a stranger when you make it up to NYC!! Hopefully I will meet you at Hukilau beforehand!
manic c

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation