[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Tiki Room Dole Pineapple Whip
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Room Dole Pineapple Whip
pharos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-03 5:06 pm   Permalink

That Dole Pineapple Whip is like nectar from the Gods. Does anyone know the recipe? I asked the lady at the hut, but she said it came pre-mixed. I've tried reaching Dole, but they haven't been any help. Help, I NEEEEEED my Dole Pineapple Whip!!!!!!

-pharos

View Profile of pharos Send a personal message to pharos  Email pharos Goto the website of pharos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 3:22 pm   Permalink

Pharos,welcome! Go to www.epicurious.com,type in pineapple whip,and see if either of those is close.Sounds fruity and creamy to me!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 4:51 pm   Permalink

Is this the Frozen Drink? If so, you are correct, it could be the best frozen drink in the universe! I don't think there is a recipe because I do know this: The mix comes in a bag and is the consistancy of shampoo. I saw a gal load up the goop in the machine the last time I was there. For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of trying it, the frozen treat is like pineapple soft serve ice cream, but somehow has no dairy in it?!?!?! The Pineapple "smoothie" and the corn dogs are worth the admission to the Magic Kingdom!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-08-04 16:52 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pharos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-05 12:00 am   Permalink

Well, I finally heard back from Dole regarding the Tiki Room Dole pineapple Whip. Apparently it is manufactured for Dole by a company called Precision Foods, Inc. They make other flavors besides the pineapple one.

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103

The ingredients are:

Water, High Fructose Corn Sugar, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Maltodextrin, Stabilizers (Cellulose, Locust Bean, Guar, Xanthan, Karaya Gum, Pectin), Citric Acid, Sodium Caseinate (A Milk Derivative), Mono & Diglycerides, Sodium Citrate, Salt, Dipotassium Phosphate, Artificial Flavor, Extractives of Annatto & Turmeric.

One half cup serving has 110 calories and 17 grams of sugar.

Apparently it's not only sold at Disneyland.

[ This Message was edited by: pharos 2011-05-23 07:22 ]

View Profile of pharos Send a personal message to pharos  Email pharos Goto the website of pharos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 08:32 am   Permalink

You can probably get those ingredients at your local grocery store, let me know how they turn out...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 09:31 am   Permalink

Ooooohh... Dole Whip... Mmmmm....
Yeah, Dole Whizip is the shiznit. There's a little stand right next to the International Marketplace in waikiki that sells it. There and D-land are the only places I've seen it. Well worthh a trip to either.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-05 09:50 am   Permalink

i've been googleing for your recipe, but only found some wierd thing that included chocolate chips and marachino cherries

from the list of ingredients, it sure sounds a lot like pineapple sherbert (has milk) or a sorbet (no milk)! homemade wont have all the chemical ingredients ~ but a little bit of rum or vodka would keep the sherbert/sorbet from becoming hard (and more like soft serve!)

try this:

FRESH PINEAPPLE SHERBET
1/2 cup sugar
1 pineapple, cored, trimmed, reserving 6 large wedges for garnish,
puréed in a blender, and forced through a fine sieve (3 cups strained
purée)
1 1/2 cups well-chilled milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
fresh mint sprigs for garnish if desired

In a small saucepan combine the sugar and 1/2 cup water, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it for 5 minutes, or until it is reduced to 1/2 cup. Let the sugar syrup cool completely. In a bowl whisk together the pineapple purée, the sugar syrup, the milk, the lemon juice, and pinch of salt. Chill the mixture until it is cold and freeze it in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's instructions. Serve the sherbet in scoops on dessert plates garnished with the reserved pineapple wedges and the mint.

Makes 1 quart.

google "pineapple sorbet" for non-dairy recipes!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:
homemade wont have all the chemical ingredients

Don't chemicals make everything taste better?

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-05 4:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-05 10:57, Tiki Matt wrote:
[Don't chemicals make everything taste better?

absolutely!
see related story
food scientist

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-05 5:54 pm   Permalink

Maybe we can talk Conga Mike into putting in a soft serve machine at his fine establishment and experimenting with rum-based Dole Whips...?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pharos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-05 6:14 pm   Permalink

Where exactly is Tiki Matt's fine establishment?

pharos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-05 7:44 pm   Permalink

I mean Conga Mike.

dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-06 10:39 am   Permalink

Conga Mike's Conga Lounge is in Oakland, CA - I haven't been able to check it out yet, but I used to live just a few blocks away, way back when.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pharos
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-06 10:54 am   Permalink

Oh, the Conga Lounge. I was there just the other day. I didn't know who the owner was.

mitty77

Posted: 2007-05-30 2:31 pm   Permalink

You can buy Pineapple Dole Whip, which is manufactured by Precision Foods, at the following website in Hawaii:

www.uec-hawaii.com

They sell it by the bag and include mixing instructions for small ice cream makers.

View Profile of mitty77 Send a personal message to mitty77      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation