FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Tiki Room Dole Pineapple Whip
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Room Dole Pineapple Whip
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 12:42 pm   Permalink

I love these things. Get 'em whenever I'm at Disneyland (which isn't very often anymore). They have them at the Dole Pineapple Plantation on Honolulu (of course) and they used to sell them in the Honolulu airport. Sadly, the last time I went through Honolulu, the airport no longer sells Dole Whips. They had all been replaced by lame generic ice cream vendors.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gh0ulsg0newild

Posted: 2007-06-01 8:21 pm   Permalink

Pineapple Dole Whip
Adventureland

Ingredients:
2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Instructions:

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.

Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.

-=-=-=-=-=-
Taken from:
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/dolewhip.asp

View Profile of gh0ulsg0newild Send a personal message to gh0ulsg0newild  Email gh0ulsg0newild     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-02 12:34 am   Permalink

Wow that sounds delish.....and welcome to TC gh0ulsg0newild (great name).

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 06:23 am   Permalink

You can buy a Dole Whip at WHIPP'D LA in West Hollywood. They even deliver if you live or work in the area.
I haven't been yet, so I can't say what the quality is. They have Hawaiian style hot dogs too. Meaning King's Hawaiian roll, bacon and pineapple on a hot dog.

Address: 7901 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood Ca 90046

www.whippdsoftserve.com

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 7:20 pm   Permalink

Martha's Dandee Creme in Lake George, NY has Dole Pineapple, Mango and Raspberry....

Makes for a popular side trip during Ohana Luau at the Lake.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyrate Gyrl

Posted: 2013-03-07 9:29 pm   Permalink

There is a little place in Eagle Rock, CA called Yogurt Haven that has Dole Whip. It is really, REALLY good.
And if you are ever visiting Oahu, HI, you can get it at the Dole plantation and at a tiny place in the food court of the International Market Place in Honolulu/Waikiki.

View Profile of Pyrate Gyrl Send a personal message to Pyrate Gyrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-08 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-07 21:29, Pyrate Gyrl wrote:
And if you are ever visiting Oahu, HI, you can get it at the Dole plantation and at a tiny place in the food court of the International Market Place in Honolulu/Waikiki.

I've bought Dole Whip at both places. Get it at International Marketplace while you still can - plans have been circulating to demolish the IMP in Waikiki. We could lose this place in late 2013.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-18 09:54 am   Permalink

Hula Girls Shave Ice in Huntington Beach is friends of Tiki Central and they have Dole Whip. The Portugese donuts known as malasadas are great too!
www.hulagirlsshaveice.com
16556 Bolsa Chica St.
Huntington Beach, Ca 92649

Disney will have a new Dole Whip shirt out soon.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/show-off-a-humorous-disney-side-with-new-t-shirts-at-disney-parks-in-fall-2013/

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-07 2:23 pm   Permalink

Comprehensive article about Disneylands Dole Whip (& WDW Citrus Swirl).

MiceAge:Dole Whip Vs Citrus Swirl

Includes history of pineapple on Hawaii & tiki legend in a photo enjoying a Dole Whip.

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2013-11-07 14:29 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 12:23 am   Permalink

They have Dole Whip at Lapperts Ice Cream in Poway/San Diego!!!!!!

No idea how long this has been going on.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lapperts-ice-cream-and-coffee-lounge-san-diego-4

Just had some. Was bettah than Disneyland cause they can actually put it on TOP of any other freshly made ice cream you want. Coconut/Dole Whip. Chocolate Dole Whip. Or just get it straight, a "small serving" is HUGE. Holy Kabolies!!!!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 05:13 am   Permalink

The most common place you can find "Dole Pineapple Whip" is at most "Menchie's Frozen Yogurt."

http://www.menchies.com/frozen-yogurt-flavors

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2014-03-31 05:15 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-31 05:20 am   Permalink

I've recently been getting the impression that the distribution of Dole Whip is increasing. I'm seeing it pop up more often in places, some of which are flat-out claiming "previously only available in Disney parks," or something to that effect. It's great stuff.

I'll have to look in my photos from my last Hawai`i trip -- at the Dole Plantation they sell a banana split-type dessert with THREE very tall towers of Dole Whip in half of a hollowed-out pineapple as the bowl. I'll post a photo. It had lots of fresh pineapple chunks and stuff. It was heavenly and took three of us to finish it all.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 08:44 am   Permalink

I was suprised to discover recently that Dole Whip is now at San Diego's Belmont Park:
http://www.belmontpark.com/restaurants/dolewhip/

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-31 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-31 05:13, MaukaHale wrote:
The most common place you can find "Dole Pineapple Whip" is at most "Menchie's Frozen Yogurt."

Though my nearest location in Burbank has recently removed his flavor - I think they rotated all their flavors out recently. Same with another location near my house in Santa Clarita. Might be seasonal.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-14 09:11 am   Permalink

Had a long chat with the Lapperts manager last night, he said that the Poway location is the main distribution point for all mainland Lapperts online and restaurant sales; they have a Richmond facility to handle other store sales. They make their ice cream round the clock to keep up with demand, and the flavors at the Poway store change constantly. The store is actually a SixGroup company, a consortium of Airlines/UPS shipping and tourism interests, all needed to ship this French-style ice cream anywhere on the globe.

The local businesses begged the manager to open up for retail sales for TWO YEARS before he finally relented.

All of this adds up to the fact that I had a Rum N' Raisin with a Dole Whip topper last night and it was the freaking most amazing ice cream experience of this part of the known universe. The Dole Whip menu choices have a cute little "Disneyland" logo beside them.

Don't tell anybody, it wasn't busy at 8:30pm. Lets keep it that way...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lapperts-ice-cream-and-coffee-lounge-san-diego-4

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation