Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Calling all writers, artists, and poets
Calling all writers, artists, and poets
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-04 12:35 am   Permalink

With the assistance of several Tc members, were putting together a self published book of Tiki inspired short stories and poems. We are looking for artists who would like to illustrate pictures to go along with the stories and a cover for this soon to be named project. Comb binding will be used to bind the pages together. If you are interested in submitting please contact tikilee75@yahoo.com for more info.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 10:28 am   Permalink

I am writing a pretty cool story for this. But I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how long the story should be, or how much any one person should contribute? The length would influence my story for sure, so I just wanted your thoughts.

By the way, I'm watching Sesame Street with my kids as I'm writing this, and there was just this short 3d computer animation thing with a kid and his dog singing about how much he loves his wheelchair. When I looked up at it, he was rolling past a forest of palms with a bunch of tiki's in it.

It's everywhere!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 12:39 am   Permalink

I'd love to contribute a piece of artwork to the project! Here's one of my favorites!
www.suburbanpagan.com/p9.html

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 01:43 am   Permalink

Thats cool Suburbanpagan!
I'd love to do a piece to help out.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 11:41 pm   Permalink

thanks cheekytiki! Now for the scavenger hunt.....find out what page of BOT I borrowed the design from!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 7:59 pm   Permalink

I am interested in submiting some art/ illustration too.
It would be cool to work with somebody who is writing an article.
keep us posted.
Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 06:37 am   Permalink

I emailed you.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 08:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-06 19:59, Chongolio wrote:
I am interested in submiting some art/ illustration too.
It would be cool to work with somebody who is writing an article.
keep us posted.
Chongolio

Chongolio,
Check your private messages.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 08:28 am   Permalink

Should we try and get a list together of who wants to submit art and stories or whatever, so we have an idea of who's all involved? That way too, we could support each other and work together on projects.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee

Posted: 2004-08-08 3:48 pm   Permalink

A fine Idea Finkydaddy

On the writers side of the tracks we have:

Cybertiki
Dangergirl299
Finkdaddy
Johntiki
Satan's Sin
Tikichris
tikilee

On the artists front we have:

Cheekytiki
Chongolio
Flounderart
Foamy
Raffertiki
SuburbanPagan

An impressive group of talent.

I'll have more info on the project very shortly. Thanks again to each and everyone of you.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilee on 2004-08-09 12:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikilee on 2004-08-10 13:11 ]

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 09:53 am   Permalink

Tikilee, Anything new happening with this project. I have shared some ideas with Tiki Chris and we have some cool ideas for his story. Since this is your project, I am are holding off on creating any art until you get back to us with what you have in mind.
Please keep us posted as thing progress.

Chongolio

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:42 pm   Permalink

Update. We have some great stories in the works. Everything I've read so far has been fantastic. If anyone is still interested in submitting a story or poem let me know. As of right now we have more artists than writers so if anyone has a story let me know and perhaps we can get an illustration done.

Also, whoever is interested in getting there hands on this books once its put together, email or Pm me an I'll put you on the mailing/update list. Thanks

Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 12:09 am   Permalink

I am thinking of trying to dust off the mind and bring out the muse to see if I can write a decent poem with a tiki theme, is there a dealine to submit it for consideration?

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 01:16 am   Permalink

Am I too late? Please say I'm not too late. This book sounds like an awesome idea! I'd love to contribute some illustration. Wish I were more of a writer...

On second thought, I might be able to give it a shot, time depending... If it sucked you could just not include it (thought I don't think I'm *that* bad)

My stuff is all online at
http://www.theartdeck.com.

www.TheArtDeck.com (dont forget the "the")

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-08-27 01:19 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 2:03 pm   Permalink

just wondering about the status of this project.

thanks a bunch,
tc

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation