FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki From the land of sky blue waaaters....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
From the land of sky blue waaaters....
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 1:27 pm   Permalink

I have the Hamm's jingle stuck in my head. Does anyone have an mp3 file of it? The freaky thing is, I only heard it once, on a show about the history of advertising. I can only imagine the power it has over you if you heard it every day while growing up... those mesmerising indian drums... bum bum bum bum bum bum.....

Hamms, the beer refreshing... Hamms, the beer refreshing...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 1:38 pm   Permalink

Mmmm......HAM !

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 2:25 pm   Permalink

My grandmother had one of those beer signs with the moving water effect from Hamm's when I was growing up. Those Hamm's commercials were great.

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hi Tikifish!
No audio, but here is a stupid midi file:
http://www.mmdigest.com/Sounds/hamms.mid

Can you believe they actually made a CD about their marketing strategies? I'm sure the audio in on there.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0961776765/tvacrestheweb-20/102-4457291-6250529

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 3:26 pm   Permalink

Great advertising and marketing items-we've got the starry skies sign-Hamm's stuff goes really high on Ebay-now I've got the jingle humming around in my head-talk about youthful memories!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 3:55 pm   Permalink

Yes, all I could find was that midi file too, but thanks for trying!

I think thet the drums in the Hamm's commercial strike a chord, because when you really want a beer, doesn't it feel like the primal drums in your head are calling you to the bar?

Bum bum bum bum

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 4:21 pm   Permalink

Advertising doesn't work....that's a load of rich creamery butter!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 4:27 pm   Permalink

I just *knew* this had to be out there...

http://www.boomerscafe.com/memorabilia/tvcommercials3.htm

Scroll about half way down

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 5:10 pm   Permalink

dam you Fish, I heard that commercial a lot as a kid. Now I'll hear it again inside my brain.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 5:25 pm   Permalink

Someone told me the theory that if you have a song stuck in your head, sing the words of the song to the tune of the "Gilligan's Island" theme, and supposedly the combination makes the first song float away ... like sky blue water.
Damn you Hamms and your tantalizing jingles!

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-08-04 17:28 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 02:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-04 16:27, Tiki-bot wrote:
I just *knew* this had to be out there...

http://www.boomerscafe.com/memorabilia/tvcommercials3.htm

Scroll about half way down

Thats some nice work Tiki-Bot, That tune makes me wish I still had my Hamms beer can macrame hat.
Ahh nostalgia.

Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-08-05 02:34 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 06:26 am   Permalink

Thank you Tiki-bot!

Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 09:38 am   Permalink

Found an actual B&W Hamm's commercial, complete with tune that will now plague me for the next year ....

This is on the good old Prelinger Archives ... it's a group of 7 commercials (1948-1969) ... the Hamm's commercial is the 5th one in ... for some reason can't stream this one; must download and play that way, but it's well worth it (two more beer commercials on there; one is a marching band of beer bottles with band hats and drums).

So click on the link -- if you dare!

http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=prelinger&collectionid=05865d

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 10:37 am   Permalink

I didn't realize this was a commerical when I was a little kid. I thought of it as "the bear cartoon" and wondered why it was so short.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 11:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-05 10:37, kctiki wrote:
I didn't realize this was a commerical when I was a little kid. I thought of it as "the bear cartoon" and wondered why it was so short.

I kinda had the same feeling. Sure made it look like fun to be a Hamm's drinker! It was weird to hear the jingle after 25 or 30 years.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation