Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving tc " weekend art show"
tc " weekend art show"
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-05 10:37 pm   Permalink

Alright, here's the scoop. I'm stealing this idea from a hot rod and custom car message board that I'm always on. We do this every week over there, so that some of us artist, sign painters, pinstriper, model builders, photographers, etc. can show off some of the things we've done...usually since the previous week. I know that TC has this actual art-type section of the board, but I thought maybe a weekly (?) thread would give some of ya'll a place to show off a piece you've done recently (like this week, for instance)...or bought recently. Or have forgotten to post. Or maybe you just didn't feel like showing it off in a thread all by itself. If this idea sucks, feel free to let me know...

Here's a tiki I striped this week. 18"x12" green metal panel with pale green and pale ivory striping. Usually when I do tiki type-striping Idon't draw it, I just do 2 center lines and start putting paint down. Here's an example of how it comes out...

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 04:54 am   Permalink

Wow, that's really nice.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 09:06 am   Permalink

Dude that is what I want on the hood or roof of the car! That is sweet B!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 10:11 am   Permalink

Very nice spontaneous technique, Barnett. I really like the style you use!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-06 12:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the good words, everyone! Now...nobody wants to contribute to the "Art Show"? C'mon...all kinds of wall space left!

View Profile of BARNETT Send a personal message to BARNETT  Email BARNETT Goto the website of BARNETT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 2:14 pm   Permalink

Good idea, Barnett. I have a couple in the works, but they aren't done yet. I'll run them by here when they're done.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 5:42 pm   Permalink

Sweet Tiki

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 8:56 pm   Permalink

Neat idea and very sleek tiki Barnett.
Here is a painting a I finished a little bit ago. I never got it posted so now is the time. Take a dive down to Shark Reef:

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BARNETT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-06 11:59 pm   Permalink

Chongolio...very cool painting...I really dig the background!

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 07:15 am   Permalink

Chongo- That is a very cool painting. Colors and style are great and dig that hammerhead!

www.samgambino.com

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation