Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Inflatable Lawn Tiki
Inflatable Lawn Tiki
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 3:52 pm   Permalink

I was driving past a garden center that normally has those big, inflatable Homer Simpson Halloween lawn things out front for sale, when I saw this:

I'm not quite sure what to think.

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 4:02 pm   Permalink

i saw those a couple months ago at party city. kinda funky looking. don't think i'd spend the money on it.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 4:26 pm   Permalink

Be afraid, very afraid....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 10:39 am   Permalink

HELP!!!!! A Pokemon ate my tikis!!!

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 8:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks Zombified, this is exactly what I've been looking for to scare the birds away from my vegitable garden.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 11:57 pm   Permalink

Damn, that looks like a cross between a scary tiki and a killer clown. Yikes!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

Posted: 2004-08-11 7:44 pm   Permalink

Well, I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed to say that I bought one when I encountered it at clearance prices (half-off). It certainly looks like a child's cartoon version of a tiki (not scary enough, doesn't instill awe especially), but I'm sure that THAT was the manufacturer's point -- to entertain children at luau-themed birthday parties. Hey, that's okay. I think it can be used to gently lure people into the awesome Tiki Worship Palace awaiting them as they enter my backyard where, yes, I have built a "working" volcano and other pseudo-Polynesian art objects that should make 'em wonder if I'm not taking this just a tad too seriously... Bwa-ha-ha-haaa!!!

Oh, yeah, I figure if you put a headband and a single feather on the top head, the vague but colorful figure can double as a totem pole for your Great Western Frontier parties as well. Eh? _|:^0 >:-] #8') ||

View Profile of roikster Send a personal message to roikster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 06:04 am   Permalink

Perfect for the kids tiki inspired birthday party, kind of has that totem thing though.
May the aloha spirit be with you in all that you do.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation