Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Pics of my first tiki party
Pics of my first tiki party
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 5:34 pm   Permalink

We had about 80 guests, a band, a bartender, and 2 servers. These pics don't do it justice, but you'll get the idea. Thanks all for the inspiration.

Next time I'll add 50 more to the guest list.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeBNmzNy0ZtWEY&open=1&sm=1&sl=1

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 6:33 pm   Permalink

My favorite pic is of the two little kids in their Hawaiian shirts and holding plastic tiki mugs.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-06 6:39 pm   Permalink

What a rage! The gods would be amused.

I love the tiki, tiki-torches.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-07 05:49 am   Permalink

Cool, Happy Tiki Party. I love the pictures. Looks like everyone is having fun.
happyhappyhappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 07:13 am   Permalink

Way to go, Raffertiki!

Spreading the gospel to the tiki hinterlands of Long Island. May it be the start of something big there!

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 10:12 am   Permalink

Where on Long Island? My 3rd wife was from LI

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 11:20 am   Permalink

Good job, Dude!

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 2:12 pm   Permalink

I love that it is an all-ages event! From young to old, who doesn't love a tiki party? Must have brought back some cool memories for the blue rinse set...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-08 7:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks all. Yes I think I infected at least a few with the tiki bug. And people of all ages had a good time, heck, it's usually the blue-rinse set that has to show the younguns how to party.

Funny thing, we've been in our house for 6 years, and it took our party to get three sets of neighbors to have their first conversation (beyond a wave) in 17 years.

Hey Benz, The line of thought with the guys I know, is to go out of state for a wife, and leave the L.I. girls to those who don't know any better. No offense to L.I. girls.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 12:20 pm   Permalink

Good to see it. What did you serve drink-wise?

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-09 4:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Swanky,
We served, from Adam Rocke's Tiki Drink book, Tiki Mai Tais & Malaysian Coladas, as well as keg beer. I had to dump a lot of beer.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 08:59 am   Permalink

I enjoyed those pics, Raffertiki. The guy with the long, blond-hair in the Abercrombie shirt looks like the inspiration for your comic strip only without the mustache. Am I right?

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 12:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:
The guy with the long, blond-hair in the Abercrombie shirt looks like the inspiration for your comic strip only without the mustache. Am I right?

That's funny. He is one of 3 people that the character is based on. The second guy was also at the party, but I somehow didn't get a photo of him. The third guy was a no show. It would have been an interesting photo op.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 1:51 pm   Permalink

Are these guys aware of their fame?

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 4:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Are these guys aware of their fame?

No, and lets keep it that way. Although the guy in the pics did do the voices for my Flash game, Wave Glomming Hodads.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation