FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-02 11:05 am   Permalink

They do weedings. You can get hitched right in front of the big tiki in the gardens. Many do!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 10:43 am   Permalink

welp, weve narrowed down to the mai kai !!.......now we just need to set a date, in front of the waterfall it is!!!, to be followed by a hawiian honeymoon!!!......

[ This Message was edited by: hala bullhiki on 2004-10-12 10:51 ]

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 4:12 pm   Permalink

Hi,
I'm going to the Mai Kai in a few weeks. Do you recommend a reservation, and any tips for maximizing enjoyment?
Thanks very much.

Jay

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 7:40 pm   Permalink

A reservation for dinner is a good idea. Get there when they open and enjoy the two for one happy hour. Have everyone get different drinks and trade on the second round.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 10:06 am   Permalink

Congrats Hala Bullhiki!!

That place really is magical isnt it. Wish I could get down more often.

I didnt make the Huki this year, but was at the Mai Kai in Feb and got engaged on Stage during the show.

I made sure they picked my wahine as one of the "volunteers" to dance on stage, then went up, got on one knee and popped the question.

There's a great pic of her pointing and laughing (yes laughing) at me while Im on one knee, but she did say yes.

If I can find that pic, I'll post it.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cosmo Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-09 3:11 pm   Permalink

We had our wedding ther e& it was the most amazing day ever! Our guest really loved it also. Not the same old boring wedding!
http://www.funkette.com/FUNKETTE02-09-21-DA.JPG

View Profile of Cosmo Tiki Send a personal message to Cosmo Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 09:39 am   Permalink

I asked my fiance if a wedding at the Mai Kai was an option and she said a flat "no." I asked why. She said she would not have her wedding in the area of those cockatil waitresses. A celebration later, sure, but not the wedding!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 6:20 pm   Permalink

I guess she knew about this waitress.

What me worry about a hurricane? What hurricane?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-10 18:20, Jungle Trader wrote:
I guess she knew about this waitress.

What me worry about a hurricane? What hurricane?

So what did the tatoo say?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 09:43 am   Permalink

Ha! Vic ~ I was waiting for you to post that pic!

BTW dude - she doesn't care...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:42 pm   Permalink

A lil tribute to our favorite tiki bar - the Mai Kai. On 3/5/06, WAITIKI had a rehearsal to get ready for our big orchestrotica show on 3/24/06 which of course, features the tikitainment of WAITIKI and Esquivel. It was also Mr. Ho's day of birth and what better way than to recreate the past than with a Mai Kai rum barrel. However, one must prepare adequately , and so we went thus forth with a tribute to the forefathers of okonkuluku - those village elders who taught us best under what influence to play exotica - the Mai Kai:

Now you can see the 4 pillars of truth that literally support WAITIKI's music:

Wanting to recreate that wondrous effect of the Rum Barrel, the Mayor goes to work in Mr. Ho's red kitchen:

The Finished Product - in all its glory:

Enjoy one, with Mr. Ho and the Mayor:

...wait, is this a rehearsal or a hang....

[ This Message was edited by: waitiki 2006-03-10 15:44 ]

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:30 pm   Permalink

You forgot...

to make one...

for...

THE MONKEY!

Hau'oli la hanau, Meestah Ho.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 10:48 pm   Permalink

As Chachi would sayh 'Wah Wah Wah'. Damn she's one of the hotter ones. Never saw her on any of my visits (I'm talking about the one on the left of the picture).

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 07:18 am   Permalink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. HO!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-11 08:47 am   Permalink

Mai Kai Roa Ai! The place continues to inspire! May it ever do so! There is no more magical place in my book. Disney is a joke. (Sorry Disney fans, you know what I mean.) Everyone who has been there know that the Mai Kai is far, far, far, far more than the sum of its vastly incredible parts (see above ;0 )

Any chance to see Waitiki in Fort Lauderdale in October again?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation