FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
AceExplorer
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 27 days ago; 10:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-29 10:36, GoGoFlamingo wrote:
Any recommendations or tips? I'd like to catch the show and I'll have my 6yo and 2yo children in two.

You're all gonna have a great time! To get you started, the kids will enjoy seeing the Molokai bar, and they serve non-alcoholic drinks for them as well. Take 'em out to the gardens too and take pics there.

Ft. Lauderdale itself is full of stuff to do and see, and you can find that all online. If you go south of Ft. Lauderdale you can have lunch at Le Tub, and if you get seated on the water, you may see some friendly iguanas crawl along the rail and look for lettuce handouts at your table. The kids would love that!

Read others comments in this thread, and do some other searches here on TC. And ask more specific questions. You should find plenty to see and do. The place really is great fun, has good food and drinks, and a top-notch show.

Have fun!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-29 10:36, GoGoFlamingo wrote:
Hello,

I plan on visiting the Mai Kai sometime later this year (possibly mid-September) for my big 3-0.

Any recommendations or tips? I'd like to catch the show and I'll have my 6yo and 2yo children in two.

Thanks

Come the weekend of the 17th for my
Book Release Event. Special Lost Cocktail offerings with the Atomic Grog's Jim Hayward and Pablus of the Crazed Mugs playing in the Molokai. Your first chance to the get my book, and get it signed. There are 50+ in the party so far, and more signed up for the presentation at 2PM that Saturday.

No better time to explore the Mai-Kai and be there amongst fans and enjoy the place properly and get added experiences.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the boo
k

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GoGoFlamingo

Posted: 27 days ago; 12:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-07-29 11:26, Swanky wrote:

Come the weekend of the 17th for my Book Release Event.

That's actually my birthday and the day I was looking at going! Also cool because I've had your book on my Amazon wishlist since April

View Profile of GoGoFlamingo Send a personal message to GoGoFlamingo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 05:31 am   Permalink

Oh the wondrous age we live in! You can now wander most of the Mai-Kai interior and gardens via Google maps! Can't get behind Samoa it seems though. But it is nice. This was done when the 1956 fernwood tikis were by the drive. You can see them if you turn around at the entrance. And the 1956 carving is in the gardens that was in the Surfboard Bar.

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the boo
k

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: Today; 08:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-08-25 05:31, Swanky wrote:
Oh the wondrous age we live in! You can now wander most of the Mai-Kai interior and gardens via Google maps! Can't get behind Samoa it seems though. But it is nice. This was done when the 1956 fernwood tikis were by the drive. You can see them if you turn around at the entrance. And the 1956 carving is in the gardens that was in the Surfboard Bar.

I checked out the walkthrough yesterday. It's very cool! But I did check to see if the new tall tiki was in the gardens so I could figure out when it was shot. I do have a question about the booths in the middle of Tahiti. Are those portable? Wasn't that where Tikiyaki was playing during the Hukilau? They look awful big to just be moved about.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 7:34 pm   Permalink

It's a little too brightly lit for my taste, but then you get to see all the details better. It's good to see that the original Cannibal Carvings are still in situ in their little alcove:

And what fun to have time to explore the exotic splendor of the Bangkok Room!:

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation