FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 )
Mai Kai, Fort Lauderdale, FL (restaurant)
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-12 2:49 pm   Permalink

Please also note that the deadline to vote in each round of the contest is 8 a.m. Eastern Time on Fridays. So get cracking. Also, you can vote as often as you like.

Good luck also to Bali Hai (San Diego), La Mariana (Honolulu), and the Tonga Room (San Francisco).

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-14 12:38 am   Permalink

To help us forget the early exit from the historic bars contest, here's a little video from the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/video/originals/doreens-deals/sfl-doreens-deals-halfoff-drinks-and-dining-at-historic-maikai-20150309-premiumvideo.html

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-22 08:32 am   Permalink

Found this cooooooool 1961 Mai Kai article from the short lived magazine Party - "The Magazine for fun lovers." The in-depth (cough, cough) article's main focus is on the booze and the mystery girl. Which fits the general theme and focus of the magazine. I did learn that the arrival of the mystery girl with your mystery drink was heralded with a Chinese Gong - which "plays an almost constant tune."

Behold... the Mystery at the Mai Kai:

[ This Message was edited by: Tattoo 2015-03-22 15:20 ]

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-22 08:32, Tattoo wrote:
I did learn that the arrival of the mystery girl with your mystery drink was heralded with a Chinese Gong - which "

Tatoo,

Very cool article. Here is the Mai Kai Mystery drink girl next to the Gong.

The gong was emulated at the Kahiki.

And Aloha Jhoe's had one for their Aloha Orchid Bowl.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-24 7:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks DC for posting those pics. I never quite made the connection before with the gong on the postcards and it being part of the ceremony. Definitely gave it a nice theatrical touch!

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-25 03:34 am   Permalink

Have a Mai Kai Mystery Drink and you will be LONG GONG (:

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 09:57 am   Permalink

May 3rd

Heads up to hukilau peeps
Gift shop is still poorly stocked.. Only had coffee mugs and mystery bowls. no mens shirts (unless you want a golf shirt)

I cant believe I didn't win #rumbarrelchallenge2015 with this pic!!

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 6 days ago; 5:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-15 09:57, Dagg wrote:

I cant believe I didn't win #rumbarrelchallenge2015 with this pic!!

There's no way you could have won with that picture, the contest entry has to include a Rum Barrel in it!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation