FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Any begginer carving FAQ's out there?
Any begginer carving FAQ's out there?
Mister Sparkle

Posted: 2004-08-10 08:39 am   Permalink

I have been perusing many a topic on tips from the more experienced member on creating a Tiki, however, is there any FAQ for us noobs who wish to partake in the carving arena of tiki?

If not, Im sure there are many people such as I, who would greatly appreciate an FAQ.

Thanks!

View Profile of Mister Sparkle Send a personal message to Mister Sparkle  Email Mister Sparkle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:16 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC, Mister Sparkle. Love the name, fishbulb.

Your best bet for carving info is to start here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6426&forum=7

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:16 am   Permalink

Welcome Mr Sparkle.
there is a lot of info here just go back a page at a time on the bottom right you will see all the pages. Start here though at the "Carving post" and you will see detailed info and some step by step pages. good luck and remember..POST your Pictures....

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 4:44 pm   Permalink

as everyone else has said the carving post while incrediably long is packed full of great tips, pictures, and help. I know when i started carving last summer, i read a page a day and gained a ton of knoweldge.

there are also other threads that are chaulked full of great info as well. i would do what Ben sugguested just look through all the old posts, it might take a while but it is well worth it, and if you still have some questions just post them i'm sure someone will know the answer.

[ This Message was edited by: Octane on 2004-08-10 16:46 ]

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation