FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Good place to buy lauhala matting (pref 5X8 panel)?
Good place to buy lauhala matting (pref 5X8 panel)?
Dolchas

Posted: 2004-08-10 11:42 am   Permalink

Greetings all!

Just registered with Tiki Central, and am thrilled to be here. I'll post a jpg of our tiki lair (and adjacent "Spy Lounge") when they are complete.

Which brings me to this question: My wife and I want a panel of lauhala to go behind our tiki bar, and it turns out that the ideal size is 5' X 8'. I can find 4'X 8' panels, but does anyone know where I can get a 5X8 panel? I found one such item online at a place called Cost Less Imports, but they didn't return our phone calls, and thus I am growing increasingly less enthusiatic about that potential source.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Dolchas

View Profile of Dolchas Send a personal message to Dolchas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:
but does anyone know where I can get a 5X8 panel?

Where are you located?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolchas

Posted: 2004-08-11 3:55 pm   Permalink

I am located in Southern California, USA, about 45 minutes north of Santa Barbara (or a little over 2 hours north of Los Angeles).

Dolchas

View Profile of Dolchas Send a personal message to Dolchas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 3:58 pm   Permalink

I believe Oceanic Arts in Whittier has them in that size. You can give them a call to find out...(562) 698 - 6960

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation