Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Perseids tonight
Perseids tonight
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 6:48 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to look for the Perseid meteor shower tonight, best viewed between 1-3am (in any time zone). I don't imagine I'll have much luck seeing them in the heart of Los Angeles, but I'll be looking anyway.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 7:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the reminder; it should be clear here in central KS. I generally go outside the city as even in these small towns we have light pollution. However, the last few years there have been some bright enough to see if I just lay on my roof.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 7:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tip! Maybe it'll be my dog's lucky night and I'll actually get up to take him out when he whines at 2am (it's not because he has to "go", he likes to hunt bunnies at night)

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 7:11 pm   Permalink

I actually saw them pretty well from my house in Seattle two years ago, which surprised me. Seattle's got a fair amount of light pollution. While they're peaking tonight, I'm likely to be driving down Sunset Blvd. on my way home from Tiki-Ti, so I'll be shocked if I see anything. I'm hoping it'll be better once I get home.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 7:50 pm   Permalink

10 years ago during the metetor shower I was a cabin boy then 15 mins later I was a cabin man!

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 6:29 pm   Permalink

I'd been waiting three weeks to see the celestial show and now Florida is clouded over due to two hurricanes expected over the next three days!

Looks like a Blockbuster Video weekend.

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-08-13 10:13 am   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up on that one. It looked great from our place in the burbs!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 10:20 am   Permalink

I have always been fortunate to have the Geminid shower on my birthday.
Natural fireworks on your birthday ain't bad.

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/geminids.html

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation