FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Disneyland Pele tiki mug - can somone pick one up for me?
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 3:32 pm   Permalink

I did my best guys....sorry I couldn't come though. They got them in and sold them out on the same day which was the one day I couldn't go that weekend. I had to get mine off ebay, and I got lucky with a buy it now auction for $39.99. I see them on ebay now and they're selling for sky rocket high prices. The last time I looked one was at 50+ bucks and had 3 days left on it. Funny thing is, now that I've got mine and have actually seen it, I'd easily spend 50+ bucks on one.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 4:59 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:22 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Quote:

On 2004-09-16 15:32, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
I did my best guys....sorry I couldn't come though. They got them in and sold them out on the same day which was the one day I couldn't go that weekend. I had to get mine off ebay, and I got lucky with a buy it now auction for $39.99. I see them on ebay now and they're selling for sky rocket high prices. The last time I looked one was at 50+ bucks and had 3 days left on it. Funny thing is, now that I've got mine and have actually seen it, I'd easily spend 50+ bucks on one.

Brad went way beyond the call of duty on this one for me. He tried everyway possible to get me a mug. Thanks, Brad, for all of your effort.

Hey man, no problem. Anything to help out a fellow TCer. I'm just glad you were able to get your hands on one. Trust me.....you will flip when it gets there.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 5:28 pm   Permalink

I got my hands on a few, though all but one was spoken for (that's the one going to The Ragin' Rarotongan [Aaron]). I also got the one Totem Tiki I didn't have and some of the Mini Tikis. Believe it or not I spent $182!I have an annual pass and go to the park a couple of times a month. I always check the Adventureland Bazaar for new tiki goods. If they get more of the Peles, I will definately get some and make them available to fellow TCers. I think it's fundamentaly wrong to put them on ebay (if you're a TCer) when there are Tiki addicts (like myself) on the East Coast that have a real need for the Pele Mug. In short, I'll try to get some more mugs for you folks in the far East....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-18 6:47 pm   Permalink

I have one extra Pele mug that I can hook someone up with. My cost was $30 from Mouseshoppe plus 5 or 6 bucks for shipping. Or I would love to trade for one of Tiki Farms "Yellow" Kulapepiao mugs that have been sold out for a while. If anyone is interested just PM or email me.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:21 am   Permalink

I got a few emails from interested TC's. The first one ended up as the new owner of the Pele. Thats my good deed for the day....Scary considering one just did this on EBAY... Oh my goodness!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2268397090&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Island Savage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-19 6:16 pm   Permalink

Just a heads up to people wanting to buy the
chanting totem mugs or the teeny tiki mugs..
those are still available online at mouseshoppe.com for $18.00 and 10.00.
no need to use ebay just yet......

View Profile of Island Savage Send a personal message to Island Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 8:29 pm   Permalink

So any new info on the Pele mugs? Still don't have one and still want one. Will Disney be getting more? If so, will you be able to order them through mouseshoppe.com or have to buy in person? Does anyone have an extra?? Can I think of anymore questions...? no that is all for now

tj

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-27 9:29 pm   Permalink

Ok....things seem to be getting out of hand with this mug!!! Check out this auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2272037901&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

$122 ??!!! Tiki Farm should buy some back and auction them off! I guess I got a bargin with mine for $38.50!!

Island Savage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-28 12:44 pm   Permalink

Just got mine......thanks again Aqua....
think I'll mix one up and break 'em in tonight...

View Profile of Island Savage Send a personal message to Island Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 2:20 pm   Permalink

I went to Disneyland over the weekend. There are no Pele mugs there. I spoke with castmember they said"it is an open stock item. They should be getting more in" I am going back down in 2 weeks. I will check again then

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 07:03 am   Permalink

Thanks Matt, you rule! This mug is awsome, one of my favorites in my collection. I am probably one of the few Floridians to own one. I hooked Matt up with a Hukilau mug because he couldn't make it this year. Us Tc'ers have to look out for one another when it comes to mugs that can't be obtained in all parts of the country. Good lookin' out Matt.

Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 10:39 pm   Permalink

About 120 more Pele mugs will be arriving at Disney around the end of October. There ya have it!
Mahalozzz,
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 12:15 am   Permalink

Wow - thanks for the heads up. Do you think that ebay seller will give me my $122. plus shipping back? That was actually some other dumbass.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 11:30 pm   Permalink

In all sincerity Limp at $122 and if you live... I dunno... in Georgia for example... add the cost of travel plus the cost to get into Disney plus the cost of the mug plus the cost of a hotel room and perhaps a rental car... and you've made out like a madman Limp or maybe that Dumbass did. At $122 plus shipping, I think that might be a $200 savings +/- to $2000. Unfortunately, the mug's available exclusively at the Disneyland Park.

So in return, you might say "hell, that's the time of my life stuff goin' to Disney and such and I'll pay that money to have that good time"... or, you might just say "f'it, I just want the mug"... it's all a matter of perspective. Run quantity... likely very limited.

Mahaloz,
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-08 23:43 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation