FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Ultra lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Ultra lounge
bbowling99
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-12 9:44 pm   Permalink

Is it me or is capitals ultra lounge collection the greatest thing ever to happen to cd.just wanna see what people have to say about it.

View Profile of bbowling99 Send a personal message to bbowling99      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
davew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-13 12:57 pm   Permalink

I love the ultra lounge series,it a great introduction to exotica,lounge etc.great fun graphics as well.great job with the 2 christmas volumes!

*Be forwarned!Some musical cooler than thou hipsters/snobs love to turn up their nose at the series*

View Profile of davew Send a personal message to davew  Email davew     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 1:03 pm   Permalink

It only changed my life, that's all.

http://www.ultralounge.com/

Have been listening to -- and collecting -- these CDs for years. Just recently acquired "Cha Cha de Amor" and "Bachelor Pad Royale" -- will soon have a complete collection to hand down to my son.

I see on their website that there's a Cole Porter Ultra Lounge CD out now -- perhaps in honor of the new movie? It will soon be the next notch on my gun belt, rest assured.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 5:31 pm   Permalink

I was on a mission last summer to get the first 18 Ultra Lounge CD's and I did so rather inexpensively using Amazon auctions! I love them all - some more others but they are always fun to listen to!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barteld
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-13 8:20 pm   Permalink

They are definitely a great! I own some and i love the music, the covers, the booklets and the website!

View Profile of Barteld Send a personal message to Barteld      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barteld
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-13 8:22 pm   Permalink

To bad that there aren't any new releases though...

View Profile of Barteld Send a personal message to Barteld      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

Guess what...

Cocktails With Cole Porter

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-14 5:25 pm   Permalink

I'm been listening to those Cds for a few years now. I love the hidden extras, like the how to play a bongo instructional on the "Tiki Sampler". There are a couple great extras on the Christmas Cds too. Old toys for tots radio commercial with Nat King Cole and Peggy Lee. Oh yeah, and the music is good too; Just picked up the Vegas Sampler with the working roulette table cover last week. I never knew that was Wayne Newton singing “Danke Schoen”, always thought that was a woman. Ferris Buller, Ferris Buller.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barteld
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-15 6:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-14 07:18, Juno wrote:
Quote:

Guess what...

Cocktails With Cole Porter

well... speak of the Tikidevil! I am going to buy it, thanx for lettin me know!

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-19 1:09 pm   Permalink

These CDs got me into Exotica. From there I went out to get a bunch of Denny Martin, Les Baxter, and Yma Sumac, etc.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 8:14 pm   Permalink

Ooh, well I got the first one , 'Mondo Exotica' , which certainly does the job I asked of it. (Ie - a bunch of exotica skillfully gathered together on CD form for party purposes, etc)

I'm not so sure about spending wads of cash on the rest of the collection though, as it's 1000% more fun searching out the original vinyl and making up your own compilations.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 3:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the Mondo Exotica CD kicked things off for me too. Then the sampler and pretty soon any Ultra Lounge CD I could lay my hands on. Right now Bachelor Pad Royale is getting a lot of play. I pop it into my car's CD player and the 1st track: Theme From Route 66, makes me feel like I'm cruisin' down a long open hiway in a '62 Corvette convertable with nowhere to go and plenty of time to get there (even though I'm really on my way to work).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 4:37 pm   Permalink

"Theme From Route 66" makes me think I'm an advertising exec dreaming up a campaign for the introduction of the first flying car.

Think of it next time you hear the tune. A flaming red flying car with a hot babe behind the wheel, scarf whipping in the wind as she zooms high over the "old" Rte 66 .... old time cowboys rear back on their horses and wave their hats ... the babe finally lands at a really cool Dude Ranch ....

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 6:10 pm   Permalink

Does she pick up a seductive hitchhiker who looks alot like Uma Thurman with 4 inch thumbs and the Dude ranch is called the Rubber Rose Ranch and it's run by lesbian cowgirls who...Naahh, that would be ridiculous.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 7:36 pm   Permalink

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread off to another dimension. It's all Satan's Sin's fault for gettin' me wound up. Anyway, I was looking through my Ultra Lounge collection and found to my dismay that I only have about half of their catalogue. Some of the stuff I think I could slide on like the Christmas CD's, TV Time and Mondo Hollywood but I don't know how I let Vegas Baby, Space Capades and Organs in Orbit get by me. Speaking of Organs in Orbit...where's the Jimmy Smith?!? Not lounge enough I guess.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation