FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events From the Founder of International Tiki Day
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
From the Founder of International Tiki Day
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-14 11:52 am   Permalink

Set aside all my mirth and mischief during the year, and understand sincerely that I hope you all a great International Tiki Day!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 2:49 pm   Permalink

Hope your ITD is filled with lotta fun too Bong.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-14 10:16 pm   Permalink

We wish you a happy International Tiki Day as well Bong and a very Tiki year. Since all our celebrating could not be done in one day, we are stretching it out over the whole weekend. How does it feel to have your idea catch on like it has and to see folks celebrating I.T.D. across the land?
-Duke and Amy

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:51 am   Permalink

I would like to pose a question.
With all the superior brain power out here in TIKI land.
HOW, can we start to make International TIKI Day truley on the books and calendars of the entire World?
Does anyone know where to get started?
Who do we contact?
United Nations?
And maybe if that is to big we can just start with (no offense to anyone outside our open borders) United States Tiki Day or Orange County Tiki Day?
Then we could build from there.
I really would love it if I went to the book store and bought my 2006 calendar and on the 2nd Sat. in August it said something about TIKI !!!!!
And as far as the founder of ITD, when we find the person truley responsible for this glorious day we will embrace them and hold them in the highest regard !
(no way it's Bong)
To end your pain, I say
Thank you to our hosts Al and Shelly!
This year I was truley blessed with enjoying the best possible group of friends a person could ask for. From 3 pm until 2 am it was conversation with long time friends and Tiki peeps I had just met for the first time. It was entertainment like nowhere else in the world. I laughed until I cried and I marveled at the improvement and confidence that the The Smokin' Menehunes have gained. (they are truley world class now) I was WOWed by swaying hips young and old. Food and drink found nowhere else in the world (there are some very talented chefs in our group) And drinks (since I myself do not drink I can only go by what I saw)they were making everyone so "happy" they must have been great !! Tent city was another smash operation (thank God there are some Scouts in the crowd). The Uke Bongo mouth buzzer jambs were the best I have ever witnessed.
But one thing that still brings a tear to my eye is watching my dear friend Al k. as happy as I have ever seen him. The huge smile that was on his face as he turned to flip me off(in a good way)is what I will always remember about this International Tiki Day.
Thanks again Al and Shelly and all those that helped out.
And thank you, you bunch of outa-whack wierdos that make up Tiki Central.
You are FAMILY !!

Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 1:46 pm   Permalink

I've got the Post ITD Blues....How can such a great time end so quickly?

I'd like to send a special THANK YOU to our hosts Al & Shelly of the Fabulous Lagoon Room for their hospitality. Thank you's also go out to The Linaka Ladies, Iuka Grogg and The Smokin' Menehunes w/ special guest Crazy Al for the great entertainment, Tiki Bird for the brew, Tiki Diablo for the amulets, Tiki Farm for the souvenir mugs, Mr. Dawntiki for bbq'ing all the burgers and dogs, and everyone who generously donated (food, booze and otherwise) so we could make this event happen. The menu was a nice mix of International flavor! Thank you's also go out to those who travelled far and wide to make this a special night - we had visitors who flew in from Arizona, drove down from Northern California, many who drove 100+ miles from other parts of Southern California and of course, the Tikifrog's all the way from Nevers, France!

I'm already jonesing for next year! Now lets see some of those pics!!!

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-08-15 14:09 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 2:16 pm   Permalink

You'd think Shag would list International Tiki Day on his calender.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 3:08 pm   Permalink

A BIG Thank You to Al N Shel! Thanks for your hospitality and for hosting ITD Celebration at The Lagoon Room. I had a great time and loved it. Thanks to all of the Tiki Family/Friends in attendence to make it a successful and fun event!
Aloha!

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 3:51 pm   Permalink

I only have access to shutterfly for picture posting. I will email this photo to whomever can post a full sized version of if.

I had a great time. Thanks everybody

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 5:57 pm   Permalink

Mr. Pineapple and I were both a little flu-ish this weekend, so we didn't do much hoisting of mugs, BUT we did plant a lime tree and some mint in our yard, so that next year we can make homegrown mai-tais
glad you guys had fun, at various times during the weekend we pondered,
"I wonder how many cocktails Al's mixed?"
"I wonder who is passed out on the lawn?"
"I wonder if there will be a boom of tiki-babies in ten months...?"

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SeekingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-15 7:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for a great time. It was a short trip, but well worth it. Once again you folks have made us feel part of your Ohana. We'll be seeing you again soon.

AlnShelly - thank you for inviting us into your home. The Lagoon Room is something you have to see in person, it's amazing.

Monkeyman - thanks for hooking us up with the tent and sleeping bag. It was above and beyond and we appreciate it.

ITD Organizers - thanks for puting this together. The whole experience was great. We loved falling asleep to the awesome sounds of the bongo drums.

SeekingTiki & vwtikigirl

View Profile of SeekingTiki Send a personal message to SeekingTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 8:04 pm   Permalink

Alnshelly, thank you so much for a great party. Too bad it is over. Hope to see everyone in the near future, thanks for making us feel at home. Tiki Bong and PolyPop thank, Cutiki and I had the best time.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 8:14 pm   Permalink

Bong, Mahalo! After spending the day with many of the mid-west tiki ohana I am so glad you worked so hard to do ITD and it is what is because of you.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 9:09 pm   Permalink

Bongy!
Look at all the special people you, Al, Shelly and Pop have brought together.
I was there in spirit.
Best to ya Bong, and all the rest of TC!

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-08-16 14:40 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 9:14 pm   Permalink

Party picture link -
http://www.mutantqueens.com/international_tiki_day_2004.htm

What a party....I'm still hungover 24 hours later. I remember sobering up three times last night. Al and Shelly have a great house for a party, and they really know how to let everyone have a great time. Except, of course, for the blue pancakes and pink eggs which made me think I was having a Mescal flashback. Then I saw the king's face, and I knew everything was normal. Any way, here's a link to some pictures from ITD 2004. Most of these were taken early in the evening because later I was in no condition to find the camera. Good thing the scouts were there to set up our tent for us, cause I was seeing double by then (ten degrees of seperation).

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 10:33 pm   Permalink

I can't believe it, but I have experienced two equally excellent ITDs. It couldn't have been better.

I am reviewing my bit of tape and I am pleased to report that I captured Baxdog's dramatic fireside performance of "The Nutsack" dance.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation