FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events From the Founder of International Tiki Day
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
From the Founder of International Tiki Day
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:32 pm   Permalink

why not?
you dont have to be a member to read TC, just post.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2008-08-13 11:09 am   Permalink

When Spermy says "can't", it's not that he means Bong is unable to read TC, it's that Bong steadfastly chooses not to. Tiki_Bong has better things to do, unlike us plebeians.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 7:22 pm   Permalink

Thats why when he saw Hanford he was asking him to let him back on?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 08:31 am   Permalink

When Hakalugi and others say that Bong does not need this forum, it's because Bong is at most of the tiki events anyway. He has lot's of friends here, and makes new ones each time, instead of driving old ones away by pissing them off.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 09:51 am   Permalink

A tribute to Bong:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11449&forum=1&hilite=thor%20talkie

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:09 pm   Permalink

In case anyone wonders why I would dredge up the past, it's because I have a close and personal friendship with Bong. Reading many people's first impressions of him when they first met him, contradicts his sarcastic postings of old. It mirrors MY first impressions of him as well. The guy is very different in person. You can't judge a person by his postings, without seeing facial or body language, or seeing the smile on his face as he pressed "submit".

Who knows why Bong was banned. I am sure Hanford had his reasons, and probably good reasons too. Bong is bong, and rarely swims the same direction as other fish. And just like me (and BTD, can come off as being sarcastic and just plain mean, sometimes...even inflammatory.

But the Bong I know is a stand-up guy, who I count as one of my best friends. I talk to him daily, always calling him for advice, opinions, ect..nothing even related to Tiki. Just "life" stuff.

He got me to reconcile with my Dad who passed away this week.

Bong is the kind of guy that always lends a helping hand. He would give the shirt off his back, most times. Funny thing is, despite the fact that we are of totally different political backgrounds, I get along with him great. I think most people who meet him for the first time end up liking him.

Just my two cents.

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:23 pm   Permalink

Personally, I always hated him until last weekend when he handed me the the trophy for best entry in the I.T.D. Beach Burn . Now Im totally in love with him . I had to change my image because now I am "The Lord of the Tiki Burn " for an entire year . Without Bong , I would just be a simple peasant like before . ALL HAIL BONG !!!!! (as the trumpets go doo doodoo doooooooo)

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-14 12:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-14 12:09, lucas vigor wrote:

I think most people who meet him for the first time end up liking him.

That's after they kick his ass. Thats how I learned to like him. Just Kidding
Bongs a good dude...when he is sleeping.
Ok Really

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation