FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodetiki's stuff, Another sketch pg. 22 10/20/05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
Rodetiki's stuff, Another sketch pg. 22 10/20/05
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 1:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the comments guys.
I have had a wicked head cold for the last week. I have no energy to carve or think about carving.

In the mean time here is another ink drawing.

I give you CARVE-O-TRON 2005 . A half monster,half robot sent to deforest the world and carve a army of tiki

Slacks , I got a small canvis but no idea where to start for painting it. Any tips from the painters out there.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2005-10-19 13:04 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 3:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Rodeo, Your robot stole G-mans chainsaw!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 5:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Rodeo, I Need one of those. Does he come with his own tools or do I have to let him use mine? Does he already know how to carve, or do I have to teach him? Does he need to be oiled and recharged often and how long is his warranty? Nice job on this guy Rodeo.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-19 7:51 pm   Permalink

Cool sketch rodeo!

Painting ideas? How do you come up with ideas for carving? I reckon the process is the same...

1. Sit around, drink multiple Mai Tais, flick through the BoT, and old creating threads on TC. Exotica in the background always helps. Use google image search and punch in "tiki art".
2. Somewhere in this process, ideas will come to paint. Scribble down a quick sketch so you dont lose it. Keep drinking/flicking until you are A - too pissed to hold a pen, or B - got a plethora of ideas.
3. Chose the best ideas and paint em! Usually it is reccomended to become slighlty sober to assist in the painting process, but this is not always neccessary.
4. Once the paint has dried, post your pics for us to ogle and celebrate!

Have a go!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wicked
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-20 07:47 am   Permalink

I like it he reminds me a little of Plankton...who I adore!

are you looking for technical tips?
( NOT that I am an expert.)

if you cover the back of your sketch with graphite ( use a soft pencil like a 2B-4B) you can transfer the sketch onto the canvas by going over it with a hard point...like a pencil or pen..alternativly if you want to keep your sketch pristine, use tracing papaer..trace your image , you can leave out details, the rub the graphite on the back of that and tape it to your canvas and again trace over the lines with a hard point to transfer it to the canvas.
there's also graphite paper if you can get it.

well thats how I like to transfer...but again I'm not sure if thats the kind of information your looking for.are you wanting painting tips per se' ?

View Profile of wicked Send a personal message to wicked  Goto the website of wicked     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 1:19 pm   Permalink

Nice work rodeo. It's slightly bizarre and I like that.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 4:52 pm   Permalink

Rodeo,

I'm diggin' the tribal Gman chainsaw on your robot. Nice job.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-20 9:23 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good, rodeo - I like the campy, 1950s feel to it! I hope you feel better too...

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation