FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Cigar Boxes Anyone?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Cigar Boxes Anyone?
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 2:49 pm   Permalink

I have noticed folks making cool things out of boxes like purses and, ...well, decorated boxes. Anyway, I have a whole bunch of nice wood cigar boxes that I had saved from back when I used to indulge in that particular vice more regularly, (back when I lived near Ybor City "The Cigar Capital of the U.S." and before the dawn of Cigar Asphyxianado and before it became the fad that it did).

Anyway, being the pack-rat that I am, I saved all the boxes (and all the bands too, but I want to keep those) thinking they would be cool to do something with. Now I have more ideas than time and I realize that not only will I not get around to making something out of these boxes, I need the space desperately. So rather than donate them to the thrift store, or worse, chuck them in the trash, I'd like to offer them to any creative Tiki fanatic here on Tiki Central who would make something cool with them. All you have to do is pay for the shipping and they are yours. Oh, and you have to send me pictures of what you do with them.

So who's interested? Flounder? Anybody?

-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 2:55 pm   Permalink

i might be interested in some. are they just from the u.s.?

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 2:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Duke, I would Definately want some. I'll PM you my addy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 3:36 pm   Permalink

There are several kinds and sizes. Mostly larger, "Churchill" size. Honduran, Dominican– an assortment. Some were for torpedo or pyramid sized cigars so the boxes are a funky trapezoidal shape. Ben, send me your address and I'll put a bunch in a box to ship out. How many do you want? You want them all? I'd rather get rid of as many as possible at once, rather than pack up several shipments and make a bunch of trips to the Post Office. Come one! Come all! Step right up and get yer big load of free boxes before Amy kills me for hoarding all this stuff! Who knows what I might have to get rid of next? This baby of ours is requiring all kinds of space.

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 4:24 pm   Permalink

Yes, go ahead and send them all to me. If anyone else wants some I'll send them out

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 5:26 pm   Permalink

Ben you greedy bastard! LOL

I would definitely like as many as I them as I can get. Maybe we could split them.

Let me know Ben & Duke...

I'll pay shipping as well.
Thanks

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 5:39 pm   Permalink

I'm in if there are a few left. Let me know about shipping to Calif, etc. and Thanks!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 6:03 pm   Permalink

Hey FLOUNDER, now you want all my boxes too??
Really I don't mind splitting them with you but you gotta come down here to get them..
Or I don't care if Duke wants to split them thats OK, I just thought it would be easier to ship in 1 bundle, depending on the size. I'm for the easiest way for all around.

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 6:37 pm   Permalink

OK, they are all spoken for. Ben, TikiChris and Flounder get some and I still have a few for spy-tiki if you would like them. I need your address, and yours Flounder if you want me to send them directly to you. Otherwise, I can send the Florida boys one big box to one address and you two can get together and thumb wrestle over them. Just let me know. Hey! this is kinda' like that freecycle thing that dogbytes posted. Anybody need any baby clothes size newborn to 3 months or 3 to 6 months? Logan just turned 6 months and he's a big boy so we have clothes he's already outgrown. Oh, wait. Amy already gave most of those to her cousin who's expecting.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-16 6:52 pm   Permalink

Flounder , I'll split what ever TikiChris and Spytiki leave for us. I know you will turn them into beutiful FLounder art boxes. See there I'm only a Little greedy bastard, but I love it. Haha

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 6:05 pm   Permalink

boutiki, would you let me know when you need more room and want to unload your mugs?

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-17 18:05, McDougall wrote:
boutiki, would you let me know when you need more room and want to unload your mugs?

Yeah I'll take half of those also.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 6:35 pm   Permalink

Cigar purses by Flounder!!?? Can I be on the list for one of those? I can send you some bamboo handles too.

AKA:Mrs. OnaTiki

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 6:38 pm   Permalink

Sure I'll putnyou on the list 'kay Flounder??
Moki what kind of bamboo handles do you have?

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 7:18 pm   Permalink

"Yeah I'll take half of those also."

Back off Bub, I got here first. But I may trade a few for one of your painted cigar box's.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation