FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » new items on ebay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
new items on ebay
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 2:14 pm   Permalink

Howzit peeps,

I brain stormed last night and came up with an idea....No limited TC coconut trunk carved Tiki's, I'm sorry. Only because I planed on doing 40 Tiki's...which would require lots of hunting for 2 foot coconut stupms. Everyone would be paying different prices too because of weight and diameter.
That would create conflict. So, sorry.

But, I can do limited wall plaques in a series of 50 for TC members only not for ebay. I wanted to do it in a traditional style Tiki being thats my specialty. I just made a Tangaroa Plaque. Tangaroa is one of my favorite Tikis. He is popular threw most of polynesia. He is the Fertility God, God of the Sea and fisherman. His face is on the cover of the book "Night of the Tiki". He is also seen in some shag prints. It's going to be around 2feet tall.

I have 1/50 at the house now in the process. I need someone (sugarcaddydaddy, alnshely?) to receive an email of it from me to post it on TC being that I don't know much about da kine...computers. If you don't like it I can add paint or whatevas we need to do befor I start the work. the75stingray has seen it an said he wanted one.

So, when the picture gets posted just reply yes or no. Since it's for TC members I would like to put some of your ideas in it if you like.

These will come with a signed laminated certicicate. I will also put the TC members name on the back with mine or in the front whichever you agree on.

THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS!!!!!

Mahaloz!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 2:22 pm   Permalink

I've seen your work, on ebay, and know without seeing a pic it will be excellent.

Please sign me up for 1 TC wall plaque.

I'll just have to keep watching your ebay auctions to score one of your Tikis.

Thanks!

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KokomoTikiBar&Grill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 2:41 pm   Permalink

I will take one also. What kind of price are we looking at without shipping?

View Profile of KokomoTikiBar&Grill Send a personal message to KokomoTikiBar&Grill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 3:32 pm   Permalink

They will be $60. My wall panels normaly sell for $60/small to $125/large and this will be a pretty big one. So you're paying for what a small one cost for members. The back will read

TC Edition 2/50
SullTiki
Gecko

TC Edition 3/50
Kokomo TikiBar&Grill
Gecko

I will put your usernames on them to make them special. So when we grow old and gray or gone threw the Tikigates of heaven our next Tikifiles will be collecting our wall panels and saying "WOW! Do you see that old TC edition wall panel of Kokomo Tikibar&Grill on ebay"!!

Which ever order your payment comes in I will give u that number. Please understand that this is what I do for FUN. I do have a job at Pearl Harbor that takes 8 hours of my time. PLEASE don't make it feel like a JOB! So, all I ask is for your Aloha spirit threw this. Please don't get restless. I'm still looking for any Ideas if anyone dosen't agree. I can start this weekend. I would like more feedback though. I still would like to post a picture. You gotta see what you're paying for ya. oh and 1/50 will be mine sorry.

Mahaloz Plenny

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BONBONVIC
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 3:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks GECKO. Put me down for one.
Aloha & Maruru

View Profile of BONBONVIC Send a personal message to BONBONVIC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 4:30 pm   Permalink

I've seen pix of your work on eBay and here at TC and it is INCREDIBLE! I DEFINITELY want one, and if 5/50 is available, put me down for it!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 5:03 pm   Permalink

I want one, I want one!!! Me too!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 9:51 pm   Permalink

I definitely want one.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-18 10:49 pm   Permalink

Ok, boys and girls..here are the pictures. If you, by chance, have any problems seeing the pictures, let me know and I'll email them to you in a zip file. Any other questions other than that, send a message to Gecko direct.

Size: 2'3" tall x 10" wide

Certificate: (sample certificate in the picture) is the size of a business card and will say that it is a limited edition along with the limited edition number.

Numbering system: 2 thru 50 (Gecko gets #1), and the edition numbers will go by the order the checks/money orders come in to him.

Full explanation on shipping costs, where to send money, limited edition number designations, etc., will follow in the next few days by Gecko.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fartsatune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 02:01 am   Permalink

Is that you holding the hanging?? Nice bod.
I say that with all due respect.

[ This Message was edited by: fartsatune on 2002-09-19 02:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fartsatune on 2002-09-19 02:09 ]

View Profile of fartsatune Send a personal message to fartsatune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 03:23 am   Permalink

hey gecko,

count me in too! if you could give an idea of how much the postage should be that'd be a great help. (i plan to have mine shipped to my in-laws in new jersey).

keep up the EXCELLENT work!
tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 06:33 am   Permalink

Gecko

Good kine man. Please "put me on the list" for at least one.

Thanks

"Trustar"

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 07:20 am   Permalink

Gecko- Like you already said, you know I'm in for one of those too! (Plus the KU we discussed!)

All other TC members: You guys should really see some of the other things Gecko has - Simply awesome stuff!

-C.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 10:52 am   Permalink

OK Dude I'm in!!!

Just tell me where to send the cash!
I love the choice of tiki!

Gecko you Da Man!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-19 11:06 am   Permalink

sorry somehow I double posted... er something

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug on 2002-09-19 15:43 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation