FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki SHAG PRINTS now on sale! check it out now! Now I say!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
SHAG PRINTS now on sale! check it out now! Now I say!!!!
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-18 3:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-18 15:02, Jax Tiki wrote:
I'll throw in a toothbrush free of charge. I can send a photo in case you've never seen one before.

Ah......you see......I'm English, so he's doing a (very old) anti-Brit joke! I wish I was black just to see what kind of shite he'd come out with then.

Listen pal - you're taking from Tiki, giving nothing & if you feel happy about that then I pity you.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-19 12:10 am   Permalink

Remember Ol Jax is the same one who sprinted past securty guards, over old ladies in wheel chairs, knocked down small children, and stepped on helpless kittens to buy a shag original at the first Disneyland Shag event in 2003. It was avarice and greed at its worst (no he was not the only one).

Had no scruples about selling it ASAP either. The final auction price was something like $6000 or more?

To each their own yes, but the bad voodoo is on you JAX. Weve seen it over and over again. To take advantage of something that was supposed to be exclusive and a benefit to us really sucks.

My guess is that Hanford was not intending this to be a high bidder free for all. If that was the case, he could have skipped a general release to all of us and simply listed them one at a time on ebay himself.

Lame

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-28 8:42 pm   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3954925418&rd=1

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 9:17 pm   Permalink

My set has more inimitable worth than I could ever get for it on Ebay, but I suppose its value is in the eye of the beholder. At least now we can 'justify' the investment to family members that feel we need to be put into a tiki intervention program.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-02-11 09:04 am   Permalink

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=360&item=3781474988&rd=1

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 09:31 am   Permalink

Look at page 4 and especially page 5 of the Grand Member list.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/bb_memberlist.php?&start=150&sortby=&ur=1

Quite a few Grand Members with 0 or very few posts. Would they have sent the $24 to Hanford if it weren't for the Shag prints? We'll likely see more of them turn up on ebay in the future. The sellers should give Tiki Central 20% of the final bid.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-11 09:31, Kono wrote:
Quite a few Grand Members with 0 or very few posts. Would they have sent the $24 to Hanford if it weren't for the Shag prints? We'll likely see more of them turn up on ebay in the future. The sellers should give Tiki Central 20% of the final bid.

To be fair, a good proportion of these people may have been alerted to the existence of Tiki Central by the eBay sales. Hopefully they will check it out, realise it's their kind of place, and start posting. That's the silver lining of the cloud of these prints going on eBay.
Time will tell whether they are carpetbaggers or not.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 6:09 pm   Permalink

Time will tell whether they are carpetbaggers or not.

Trader Woody
[/quote]

Or Pearlies

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 9:14 pm   Permalink

So, what is the consensus on these new Shag X and O prints? Is the O print a redo of a previous one? I personally like the X -pirate print.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 10:33 pm   Permalink

Yo Jax, you still pickin' on good ole' Woody? Por Que?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-14 11:20 pm   Permalink

anyone ever heard of this place?

http://www.tribalmania.com/index.htm

this is some very tribal shit and i LOVE it...nice looking prints shag...BA-BOOM!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 05:23 am   Permalink

The "O" was featured in the SHAG A to Z show ( As well as the "X"). I was thrilled to see the "X" print and ordered it right away. Something about a Dead Pirate and a bottle of rum that just looks great on a wall!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 07:08 am   Permalink

Thanks Aq. I agree, just ordered the X print, too.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jax Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-15 07:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-14 22:33, thechikitiki wrote:
Yo Jax, you still pickin' on good ole' Woody? Por Que?

I actually enjoy most of Trader Woody's posts and input from across the pond. It's always good to get different opinions. What a boring site this would be if people only read posts and left nothing behind.

I view Woody's disgust with me as simply a display of his passion for tiki. Bravo to anyone who finds something he is passionate about in life!

It's interesting to see how Tiki has evolved in Europe yet we all appreciate many of the same aspects.

I guess it's the "Bottom Feeder" in me that cannot resist a smart-ass reply.

(aren't Lobsters bottom feeders, yet a culinary delicacy?)

View Profile of Jax Tiki Send a personal message to Jax Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 4:17 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Trader Woody on 2005-02-23 23:08 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation