Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki A Night with Paul Lynde
A Night with Paul Lynde
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 02:17 am   Permalink

I went to the funniest standup show I have seen in a long time...

http://www.esthergoldberg.com/nightwithpaullynde2.pdf

There is only one more l.a. date left before they hit the road - I highly recommend you make it!

Last show in L.A. is Friday, August 27, 2004
Or maybe it will hit your town?

Tell 'em Cherry sent you...

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 12:26 pm   Permalink

That sounds like a blast, Cherry. Now, maybe they'll do "A Night with George Gobel" or Charles Nelson Reilly!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 7:50 pm   Permalink

If you want a fun dose of Charles Nelson Riley, go see the documentary 'Broadway - the Golden Years' (or wait for it to come out on DVD late this year.) Although the film features interviews with nearly 100 legendary actors and theatre people, Charles must have been one of the most entertaining of them all, as he ended up with much on-screen time in the final version.

The film itself is great - I will definitely buy a DVD copy for myself. Lots of stories about famous actors struggling to get by in New York in the early years of their careers, and for those of us who love to get a feel for what our culture was like 40-60 years ago - this film is a welcome additon.

Perhaps a Paul Lynde documentary will be next?

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 07:51 am   Permalink

Those guys were staples when I was growing up in the 70s: Rip Taylor was always on Hollywood Squares too along with Phyllis Diller, Avery Schreiber - wasn't Jamie Farr on The Gong Show?

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-23 19:50, ikitnrev wrote:
If you want a fun dose of Charles Nelson Riley, go see the documentary 'Broadway - the Golden Years' (or wait for it to come out on DVD late this year.)

I'd rather watch LIDSVILLE!

--cindy (Shut up, Hat Band!)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 3:34 pm   Permalink

I'm going tonight.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation