FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My first Moai.
My first Moai.
Tiki-Finland

Posted: 2004-08-22 10:59 am   Permalink

I finished this baby Moai today. It's my first moai but definitely not the last one. I really like the style what Rapa Nuis used.
This one I carved is very small, but I next I am trying bigger one. I used birch tree, and it was pretty hard.
I used two chisels and a hammer:)

http://www.freewebs.com/tiki-scandinavia/

View Profile of Tiki-Finland Send a personal message to Tiki-Finland  Goto the website of Tiki-Finland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 1:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-Finland, Way to go for your first. Very goo and yet ANOTHER First carving that looks like a pro. How many is that now. You guys are showing some incredible First tikis and Tiki Fin, yours is right up there. AND you took pictures ,,Great job

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-22 2:41 pm   Permalink

Very cool, Tiki-Finland. I tried to post up your picture here with code hope it works. Keep posting.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-08-22 10:58 pm   Permalink

very nice!! in the frame, with that background, it looks so very danish modern. definitely very swank! smooth lines. i like that very much!

every one of you carvers amaze me. especially when the post starts "this is my first tiki"...

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 07:24 am   Permalink

I'm very impressed, AA. I've only created one tiki so far, also a moai, and I recieved a similar welcome. Everyone here is very accepting. Welcome aboard!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 2:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Finkdaddy. I'd be flattered, but these are Tiki-Finland's, not mine. I just took his link & added the code so they'd appear here at TC without going to the separate wesbite

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-23 11:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-23 14:03, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Thanks, Finkdaddy. I'd be flattered, but these are Tiki-Finland's, not mine. I just took his link & added the code so they'd appear here at TC without going to the separate wesbite

Oops!! When I was looking for his name I just scrolled up till I saw one.

Nice work Tiki-Finland!
(and you too Aaron. I can't find AAC block anywhere in the midwest!)

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation