FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving A new ceiling makes all the difference in the world...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
A new ceiling makes all the difference in the world...
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 07:05 am   Permalink

WOW! Ceiling looks great, I can't wait to get in my own place so I can have a room that goes over the edge.
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 12:58 pm   Permalink

Great looking room, the ceiling really does add alot. Nothing like awesome pics to get u motivated to work on your own place.

vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 2:21 pm   Permalink

I am loving the ceiling and your whole room!! I am currently working on my lounge area. I have alot of Tiki's and shag prints and old guitars on my bright green walls. We even have a lava rock fireplace. I want to our high A-Frame cieling with the thatching that you used on your cieling. I am also planning to do the borders around room with Bamboo.
I have one question: Is bamboo easy to work with? Did you have a problem with it spliting?
I Really like the asthetic you created!!!
Later,
Spermy

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-08-24 14:23 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 4:37 pm   Permalink

By reading all these positive comments it seems that my hard work paid off! Thanks everyone!

Spermy, didn't have a problem at all with the bamboo. I had the stuff split by the supplier and it made things super easy! I made sure to drill pilot holes in the bamboo and made sure not to over tighten when screwing the pieces up. Also, the 5" diameter bamboo is surprisingly thick - I think I would have to use a pneumatic air wrench to break the stuff.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 4:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Johntiki!! Tomorrow I'm on my way to Oceanic Art's to get my Bamboo!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 8:15 pm   Permalink

OK, "Spermy"!

If your 'name' wasn't killing me already, the nickname certainly is!! The image (and voice) I keep hearing is Lily Munster. Why? Her pet name for her husband Herman was "Hermie." Perhaps your nickname was the one she used in private.....

(Good luck with your bamboo project, btw)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 9:54 pm   Permalink

That's funny now you are making me laugh!!!
Thanx,
Spermy

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 1:24 pm   Permalink

It was a great tiki bar to begin with, but the ceiling makes it so much better. I would pay a cover charge to drink there- Nice work!

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation