[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki If you were famous
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
If you were famous
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 08:34 am   Permalink

If you were famous, didn't need any money, and the world (not just the tiki world) hung on your every word. What single product or item would you stand up and endorse because it simply kicks ass, has improved your life, makes a sandwich into a banquet, etc.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 08:44 am   Permalink

Well, I don't know about me, but Mrs. TURBOgod swears by the magic eraser.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 09:01 am   Permalink

TiVo.

I can watch TV again.

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-08-24 09:13 am   Permalink

Two thumbs up for this item. Now I can once again hear my neighbors arguing!

http://www.dreamproductscatalog.com/details.cfm?item=1147

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 09:37 am   Permalink

I wish I had thought of NetFlix. I think it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
http://www.netflix.com/Default

Honarable mention goes to TiVo!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 09:49 am   Permalink

Satan's Sin hereby endorses the Gobbler Motel & Supper Club in Madison, Wisconsin.

Come on in and set a spell!

http://www.lileks.com/institute/motel/index.html

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:03 am   Permalink

Wow, the Gobbler Motel is eerily similar in basic layout to the Bali Hai.

I, too, have been impressed and somewhat mystified by the awesome power of the magic Eraser.

A single product to endorse, hmmmmm...

Weber Grills

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:06 am   Permalink

I gotta add:

Whammo for making Frisbees and Innova for making great disc golf discs.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 10:54 am   Permalink

I don't have a product or item, but I think that a mandatory 37 hour work week and 6 weeks of vacation would be nice for everyone....

Matt

Quote:

On 2004-08-24 08:34, Gigantalope wrote:
If you were famous, didn't need any money, and the world (not just the tiki world) hung on your every word. What single product or item would you stand up and endorse because it simply kicks ass, has improved your life, makes a sandwich into a banquet, etc.

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 11:01 am   Permalink

Luigi's pizza (local. Harrison Twp., MI)

Sky Chairs:
http://www.skychairs.com/
(even if they are made by hippies)

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki God Todd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-24 12:02 pm   Permalink

Steve Barton's Music, he is one of my good friends in Orlando. Its acoustic with a little rock, rhythm & blues. Intelligent lyrics all original home grown American music. It definitely fits the kick ass category.

www.bartonium.com

Tiki God Todd
* The Aloha Tiki Lounge *

View Profile of Tiki God Todd Send a personal message to Tiki God Todd  Email Tiki God Todd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 12:30 pm   Permalink

I'd endorse Dyson vacuum cleaners.

They Really Suck!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-24 12:33 pm   Permalink

Nicky Beans Coffee (it will knock you on your Ass)

unscented Downey fabric softener - makes your towels super fluffy - use the Downey ball

And, I'm not a smoker, and I discourage smoking, but based upon my review of every report and literature on smoking pursuant to a job I had for the tobacco litigation, I would recommend, if you smoke, smoking American Spirits - additive free is the way to go - the additives are what causes the bulk of damage to your body, and enforce the addiction. If you're not going to quit, for the love of god, at least go additive free.

Then, for the love of god, quit smoking.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 1:17 pm   Permalink

I've been smoking for 10 years and my lung feels great! I smoke when I'm runnin' and I even smoke during sex. Sometimes the ashtray slips off her a$$, but give her a little singe and everything is copesetic.

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-24 1:40 pm   Permalink

I would like to fully endorse the TIKI BONG by WHATCO.

The TIKI BONG is the ultimate brain teaser with over 3000 changing patterns and countless strategies to baffle even the most experienced players.

The TIKI BONG leaves your breath MINTY FRESH and contains absolutely NO CARBS. It is digested smoothly and encourages regular bowel-movements. The TIKI BONG is approved by over 23 Yogurt manufacturers and works with most electric ICE CREAM makers.

The TIKI BONG has been wildly successful in foreign markets where it has been alternately marketed as "Le Bong", "Chips Suisse" and "David Hasselhoff".

With the optional MENEHUNE MODULE, the TIKI BONG can play countless variations of the song, "LA MACARENA". Which makes it a sure hit at parties and funerals.

The majority of complaints against the BONG have been made by confused consumers who have tried to use it for purposes for which it was not originally intended.

THE TIKI BONG WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE USED:

As an ANALGESIC.
As a BIRTH-CONTROL DEVICE.
At Any REPUBLICAN CONVENTION.
As a FLOATATION DEVICE (This means you, Baxdog).
For SYMPATHY.
As an IMPARTIAL WITNESS.
In conjunction with MYSTIC HEALING CANDLES.
As replacement for a PERSONAL FAITH IN JESUS.

It conforms only to its own standards and cannot be counted on to conform to those of others. The TIKI BONG does not always PLAY NICE, but it does PLAY FOREVER, (at least with the optional extended warranty).

The TIKI BONG is intended for women between the ages of X and Y, where "X" is an obscure variable used in the sport of "Algebra" and "Y" is difference between 3 and 4 cocktails.

TIKI BONG now comes in an AEROSOL that gets into your hair much more effectively and is almost impossible to wash out.

The TIKI BONG has personally changed my life and it can change yours. I know there are other members of this group who can attest to its MIRACULOUS POWERS.

(No monetary or sexual payment was provided in exhange for this endorsement. Any monetary or sexual favors exchanged were soley the express purposes of mutual enjoyment and are protected by law.)

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation