FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music some songs by my band, Haole Kats!!! (updated 1/26)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
some songs by my band, Haole Kats!!! (updated 1/26)
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-04 10:42 pm   Permalink

Let me join the chorus of "well done!" And love the name. My user name should clue you in to my appreciation of sly humor.

Rum Balls

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 08:00 am   Permalink

For some unknown reason Netscape dumped all my bookmarks and I have to start over from scratch...You guys are the first new music file I've created, but I'm gonna have to get the CD!

Great job!

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 08:01 am   Permalink

For some unknown reason Netscape dumped all my bookmarks and I have to start over from scratch...You guys are the first new music file I've created, but I'm gonna have to get the CD!

Great job!

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 9:54 pm   Permalink

I just downloaded the files, thank you for some wonderful music. Your song titles gave me an idea for a song title: "From Beyond the Pinapple, My Pu-Pus Flame for Thee." I'm going to start on that after "Fanfare for the OverMan."

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-13 09:46 am   Permalink

I noticed that Kanekila posted another tune...thought I'd link to it her in case someone missed it.

Hear Hawaiian War Chant here:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11288&forum=11&7

J

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-26 1:29 pm   Permalink

This tune is a little different from the others. Let us know what ya'll think!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Tiki_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

For those of you that are interested in a CD, here's a little late-breaking news:

We will have a sampler CD available for purchase in late November. This disc will have 10 or 12 tunes covering 3 main styles:

1 - Hapa Haole Hawaiian (mostly acoustic)

2 - Loungey Hawaiian (more lush sound with electric steel)

3 - Ukulele Variety (various styles revolving around single & multi Uke arrangements)

Late '04 or early '05, there will be 3 CD's available, 1 in each style. This "sampler" disc is just a way to introduce folks to our sound(s)...

If you have any questions or would like to reserve your copy, send us an e-mail at

info@whollycatsband.com

Thanks for listenin' everyone!

Josh

EDIT: Kanekila pointed out that I posted the wrong version of "Tiki"...Doh! I just fixed it - The link is now to our final draft of "Tiki".

[ This Message was edited by: Haole Kat on 2004-10-29 13:37 ]

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 08:32 am   Permalink

I love everything I have heard from you guys! I will absolutely buy your disc as soon as it is available. Please let me know if you ever play in Wisconsin, because I want to see your band live. great, great stuff!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 10:02 pm   Permalink

Nice stuff! If my mics weren't in storage in Chicago I'd record some bird calls for you to go along with that! One quibble, buy that drummer a China Cymbal, and think about a small gong.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-28 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-27 22:02, freddiefreelance wrote:
Nice stuff! If my mics weren't in storage in Chicago I'd record some bird calls for you to go along with that! One quibble, buy that drummer a China Cymbal, and think about a small gong.

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiKing
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

Sweet! I live in Hawai'i and your music makes me feel the place even more...

Thanks for sharing. (Blue Bossa! I've performed that tune 100's of times over the years and hearing you guys do it somehow made it new again!)

Mahaloz

TK

View Profile of TheTikiKing Send a personal message to TheTikiKing  Email TheTikiKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation