FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki They are remaking one of the greatest bad movies of all time
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
They are remaking one of the greatest bad movies of all time
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 3:36 pm   Permalink

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) -- Terence Winter, a writer and executive producer of "The Sopranos," has been drafted into "The Warriors" gang.

The scribe will write the remake of the 1979 street-gang classic, which Tony Scott is directing for Paramount-based MTV Films.

Scott's version will follow the outline of the first film -- in which a gang leader is assassinated during a truce, and The Warriors, wrongly accused of the assassination, must make their way home through hostile gang territories -- while updating the heightened reality of the original film for contemporary audiences.

The original was directed by Walter Hill and was written by Hill and David Shaber.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 3:40 pm   Permalink

DUDE I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!
W-A-R-R-I-O-R-S....COME OUT AND PPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
But I think it will suck as a remake, just like Escape from New York was better alone somethings should just be left un-re-done.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 3:46 pm   Permalink

I had the pleasure of reading the original book, written by a social worker who worked with gang members and juvenile delinquents during the 1950's in new york....similar to the movie, but in fact, better. The author based it on "anibasis" (correct spelling?) an ancient greek story about a group of soldiers cut off from their battallion, and heading home thru enemy territory!!

The original movie rocked!! The mimes were the best!!! The baseball furies were great too!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 3:51 pm   Permalink

Yeah I actually agree, there is no way they could improve that movie. My favorite were teh Baseball Furies, they got their buts kicked pretty quick by the warriors but man they looked cool.

The mimes I never got though, what would you tell people if you got beat up by a bunch of mimes, "Dude they put me in a box".

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 5:35 pm   Permalink

That's great and all, but can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore?? Hollywood is saturating the market with re-makes....or, oh I'm sorry. 'modern interpretations'. Pop culture in decline...INDEED.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 5:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-25 17:35, donhonyc wrote:
That's great and all, but can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore??

I want to see a big-budget summer blockbuster remake of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes."

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

Amen DonHo, Amen!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 6:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

can anybody come up with an original fuckin' idea anymore??

Yeah I hear ya, wanna hear something else coming down the line soon that will chap your hide?

Bewitched The Movie, starring Nichole Kidman and Will Ferrel

Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 6:30 pm   Permalink

Another big fan of the original.

Plus, it had the debut of Joe Walsh's "In The City" and a cool number by Desmond Child.

The remake will offer a great opportunity to showcase some rap tunes - more apropos for the genre. (Apologies to those who have disdain for rap.)

The original is up near my top ten.

The DJ was the inspiration for those Nike ads from the 90's.

I liked Ajax. He was the one who told one of the Baseball Furies that he was gonna stick a bat up the guys ass and turn him into a pospsicle.

Ajax was also the one who was running through the park with the other Warrior and said, "I'm sick of this."

The other guy said, "Sick of what?"

Ajax stopped and replied, "Sick of running. I'm gonna kick some ass."

Or something like that.

A total samurai kinda guy.

Please, just don't make it a Vin Diesel flick. Stock with unknowns who are age appropriate. No 35 year old Hollwooders looking like David Hasselhoff with a five o'clock shadow as a sign of credibility.

Sorry to ramble....GREAT FLICK.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 6:47 pm   Permalink

SuicideSam-

I heard about that re-ma...uh...'modern interpretation'. Gee that sounds great...yeah, I'm gonna run right out and plunk down $10 for that....NOTTT!!!!

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 7:15 pm   Permalink

The Warriors is a great movie. There is a playstation video game comming out next year, I think. Just like in the movie, the Warriors must get to their turf and takes place in '79. I think it will be released in europe first.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 7:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-25 17:35, donhonyc wrote:
an original fuckin' idea

BTW, They're remaking "OH GOD" with Ellen Degeneres in George Burns' roll.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 8:40 pm   Permalink

If you've ever seen any of the other odd little Walter Hill adventures (The Driver, Streets Of Fire, Southern Comfortand even Tresspass) you'll see a lot of what made The Warriors a great movie. People appearing out of nowhere, sick all or nothing situations, evil dialog, mind games, etc. Without the style that Warriors had it'll just be another cheap, violent piece of trash. Not good trash..just trash.

They're gonna make a Munsters movie too.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:
BTW, They're remaking "OH GOD" with Ellen Degeneres in George Burns' roll.

oh god...

i think i would rather see that stupid Superbabies movie.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 10:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-25 18:18, suicide_sam wrote:
Bewitched The Movie, starring Nichole Kidman and Will Ferrel

Will Ferrell playing Darrin? That is so horribly WRONG.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation