Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
NYC --Kahiki Tribute, 9.1.04
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-25 4:06 pm   Permalink

Would anyone in the NYC like to hang out with me at:

Marion's - NYC
September 1, 2004
In the spirit of Marion's beloved "Kahiki", for one night only our grass skirts will be a shakin' and the pu pu platters a flamin'. Don't miss Marion's bikini beach
party/Kahiki celebration!
354 Bowery @ E.4th
212.475.1975 for reservations
8:30pm

The Pontani Sisters are dancing and they are amazing.
www.pontanisisters.com.

Let me know!
Manic Cat

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 3:51 pm   Permalink

Now that Inky Louise is living in Las Vegas, I would to meet the newest TCers. Come out and have a good time!
MC

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 4:57 pm   Permalink

Aloha Manic!

It's been a while! Unfortunately, I always miss this event but I will be coming back to NYC in a few weeks. I'll drop you a line when I finalize my plans.

Mondays at Otto's! Woo hoo!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 07:21 am   Permalink

I'm new to TC, but I live in NYC and would love to see the show and meet fellow tiki lovers from this forum.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 12:32 pm   Permalink

Hi Urban Tiki!
Let's plan on meeting up at the show/restaurant and on the day of, letting each other know what we are wearing. Once we get a final headcount, I can make a reservation, and worst comes to worst if we don't see each other at the bar, we will be seated together at our table!
MC

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 12:38 pm   Permalink

Hawaii Kai Guy,
are you coming to this? sorry if I am getting you confused with another TC member, alan sumac??. once we meet in person, it'll be all clear!!
Manic cat

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-29 12:38, manic cat wrote:
Hawaii Kai Guy,
are you coming to this? sorry if I am getting you confused with another TC member, alan sumac??. once we meet in person, it'll be all clear!!
Manic cat

Sounds like a plan

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 4:37 pm   Permalink

I'll try to make a table reservation. Sometimes Marion's fills up.
So it looks like, UrbanTiki, Hawaii Kai Guy and Manic Cat. My kane, Shalom Aloha, will be working until 10pm ;maybe he'll come by afterwards. so, it's 1-2 persons for me. How about for everyone else?

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 5:09 pm   Permalink

My better half is visiting her parents, so I'll be solo.

Hawaii Kai Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-31 12:48 am   Permalink

I will be attending solo on Wednesday evening.

This sounds like a fun event, thanks for arranging it.

I'll be the guy wearing a highly coveted Tiki shirt. You'll know it when you see it, lol!

Hawaii Kai Guy

View Profile of Hawaii Kai Guy Send a personal message to Hawaii Kai Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 5:07 pm   Permalink

It looks like Shalom Aloha will be attending as well. So far the count is 4 Tiki Centralites. The show starts at 8:30. Let's say that we meet up at the bar, 8 ish. This way there's a buffer of time. I'll be wearing the pink muu-muu!
Manic Cat

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 5:32 pm   Permalink

Anyone else interested in joining us?--it's not too late!

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 5:43 pm   Permalink

I just called marion's to make the reservation. It doesn't sound so much Kahiki/Tiki as much as their new "Beach Party" theme. hum, that's a bummer. But you get a free drink if you wear a bikini! I'm up for still going despite the low tiki factor because the pontanis are still dancing their hula. Waikiki Wally's is only a short walk away if we decide that Marion's isn't enough tiki. How's that sound?
mc

Hawaii Kai Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-31 9:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the updated information, but I think I'm going to pass....

I was at Waikiki Wally's recently, I was truly hoping Marion's was going to be the Tiki theme...that's my scene.

Sorry for the cancellation, but hope those who go have a great time.

Hawaii Kai Guy

View Profile of Hawaii Kai Guy Send a personal message to Hawaii Kai Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 06:30 am   Permalink

I'm still in. You're right, Waikiki Wally's is close by if it's lame. Plus, I'm sure tiki drinks can be had at Marion's

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation