FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Purple Orchid Saturday 8/28
Purple Orchid Saturday 8/28
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 10:22 am   Permalink

I know it's kinda late notice, but I was originlly planning on meeting Tiki-Toa for a few drinks, but his plans didn't work out. (Another time, TT!) Since I haven't been to the P.O. for a while and really need a fix, I figured I'd go anyhow! Anybody else wanna go? I have no idea if there's anything going on or if anyone is playing, but a trip to the Orchid is always worthwhile, and maybe this might be a chance for some L.A.-area newbies to show up for an informal 'meet-n-greet'! DolphinTiki & I will get there around 9-ish (emphasis on the "-ish") - anyone else??
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 10:38 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I are in.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 08:37 am   Permalink

Damn it! Now I'm gonna miss two tiki filled nights in a row. First Tiki Taix, now this. Sorry Doc, Rocknrollgirl and I will be in Bakersfield (of all places) this weekend. Hope you guys have fun, though.

[ This Message was edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2004-08-27 08:38 ]

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 09:03 am   Permalink

Mahaolz Z and yes I hope someday to meet you at the PO for a drink along with others.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-27 10:03 am   Permalink

Hey don't knock "Buckersfield"...LOL...its home to the one and only Buck Owens and the Crystal Palace on beautiful Buck Owens BLVD.

Great antique/vintage shopping and Basque Food. Not to mention the best best chicken fried steak in the world at Zingo's...The country gravy at the place is the best. I still thank my friends to this day for introducing me to those places...

Enjoy your stay there and dont forget to get a drink at the Padre Hotel to get that "Streets of Bakersfield" feel...

have a safe trip on the 99...

Mahalo...

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.
(Horace - Odes, Book III, xxix)

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-27 5:05 pm   Permalink

Dr. Z,

I think that I maybe able to drop by. I have a island party in Norwalk, so maybe after that I will drop by on my way to the swapmeet.

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 5:23 pm   Permalink

TMF - first 'lunchbox' is on me!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 5:47 pm   Permalink

I was going to go see The One Man Legend's show Saturday, BUt I think I can stop by by the PO and have a couple before I head back to teh LBC for the show.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-30 1:17 pm   Permalink

Dr. Z,

Sorry I could not make it. I even missed my island party with a former Ms. Hawaii for the hostest. My buddy had to much way to earl and I had to baby sit. Sorry....

Jay

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-30 9:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Doc Z...

Glad we caught ya at the tail end of the evening...Purple Orchid was just what the doctor ordered...

Mahalo!

Moi

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.
(Horace - Odes, Book III, xxix)

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 5:59 pm   Permalink

I showed up that night and saw no familiar faces so I hung out and had a drink and after that I just split. Oh well maybe I'll catch you guys next time.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation