FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Be a part of a tiki book. Celebrate people's love of tiki. Deadline set. Some questions answered.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Be a part of a tiki book. Celebrate people's love of tiki. Deadline set. Some questions answered.
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 3:57 pm   Permalink

Help Me to Celebrate the People that Celebrate Tiki!

Aloha All~

This is being posted as a request that you be a part of my dream of writing a book, not just any book but a Tiki Book, it will be a book of many parts, a majority of which will be recipes that I have gathered and collected over the years for food and drink. But what I think will make this book special is that I want to include within the book the people that have and share my love for things tiki. Someone asked once what does tiki, mean to you, and to me it means PEOPLE in a lot of ways. One of which is that Tiki means getting together to celebrate our love of tiki, and to celebrate we have gatherings and at these gatherings we have music, food, drinks. And that I guess that is the synopsis of what this dream book is about, but to make it truly what I hope and think it can be I need the help of the many wonderful tiki people everywhere who are willing to share their stories, pictures, and any other bits and pieces you would like send me to add to this project.

If you are willing and would like to be a part of this project please email me at
tiki_toa@yahoo.com or PM through TC and I will send you the form to fill out. Your information will not be used for any kind of spam or anything other then what I have mentioned above.

And for those that think I am planning on getting rich from this, I have had a number of conversations with Duke Carter about this idea and He made it very clear that to take it to a publisher not much will be profited from it. Which is fine, the lil bit I may make I will hopefully use to buy all that take part in the book a drink in the future when I have the chance to meet them.

Mahalo, Tiki Toa

And I apologize to those who I emailed before this post I did not mean for the email to look like a cross between spam & a marketing survey.

Also at this time the deadline is Dec. 1st

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-11-03 06:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 4:43 pm   Permalink

You had me at Aloha All!

[ This Message was edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-08-27 16:43 ]

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 4:55 pm   Permalink

Good Luck Tiki-Toa. I'll help however I can. Looks like it will be fun

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:07 pm   Permalink

if you need anything from me, just let me know, i will try to help. good luck, sounds like a great idea

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:16 pm   Permalink

Sound like a neat idea. I would like to help you out too.

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:18 pm   Permalink

Octane just get me an email or pm and I will send you the info afterwards.

Mahalo Flounder, Benzart, Unga Bunga,Octane, and Chongolio for being willing to help and be a part of this so far.

Toa

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-27 18:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-27 18:19 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 11:11 pm   Permalink

Tiki Toa, you know I'm here for you. If you need any help at all, let me know.

Everyone, I've seen a copy of his book, you're going to love it!!

TT, my info will be emailed to you in the morning.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 12:49 am   Permalink

A big Mahalo to Benzart and Mr. Sam Gambino for being the first two to submit their profiles. And I look forward to getting more from others as time goes on. Also a big Mahalo to Raffertiki for the offer of doing art for the book and really adding a personal touch.

Toa

The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 06:56 am   Permalink

I would be honored to participate if I may.

Aaron

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 6:46 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to Ragin, Polynesiac, Tikiwahine, McDougal I can not wait to get all of your profiles and read more of the great stories similar to what have been shared so far.

Toa

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 11:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-27 16:43, FLOUNDERart wrote:
You had me at Aloha All!

I swear you are some kind of crackpot. This stuff cracks me up!

Thanks, Tiki Toa. Again, I think that this is a great idea.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 1:19 pm   Permalink

If you need any help from the old continent, I'm of course there for you.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-29 7:08 pm   Permalink

T-Toa,

I'll assist you with the "Bong" chapter (or complete book; I'll have my person talk to your people).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 12:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-29 19:08, Tiki_Bong wrote:
T-Toa,

I'll assist you with the "Bong" chapter

Bong ya know I really am glad you want to be a part of this, and I figure between all of the things you are involved with (ITD, The Screaming M's) you should be able to have at least 10 pages and I would love to publish all of them. PM me your email address so I can send you the form.

As a note there is no deadline, it is going to be a work in progress at this point. I need to follow through with Duke's advice and do up a Book Proposal and then submit to the names he is going to help me with when he can.

Toa

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-toa on 2004-08-30 12:28 ]

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-29 19:08, Tiki_Bong wrote:
T-Toa,

I'll assist you with the "Bong" chapter (or complete book; I'll have my person talk to your people).

i'm looking forward to the movie! and maybe a breakfast cereal (bong-o's?) and maybe an action figure... oh wait, that's already available...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation