FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Stentiki in NYC 9/19/04 - 9/23/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Stentiki in NYC 9/19/04 - 9/23/04
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 08:12 am   Permalink

I'm tall with short cropped hair (what's left of it). I'll be wearing a tropical shirt with a black sports jacket.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 10:02 am   Permalink

i'll probably have on a grey hooded sweatshirt. if warm, i'll have a blue aloha shirt on.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 1:16 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone!
Have fun at the Kava Lounge tonight. i won't be there because it's my friend Alana's B-day. We will be having pizza in Brooklyn.
But, I am up for Wednesday. benny may be available too--I will confirm tomorrow.
What train am I catching? NYC posse- should we ride the rails together.
Go NY-NJ Hukilau!

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 1:37 pm   Permalink

sorry we won't see you and Ben tonight, MC. I think we should plan to meet up at Penn station Wednesday for the trip our to N.J. What time?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 10:01 am   Permalink

Manic:

We missed you last night! But I guess pizza in Brooklyn is a pretty good excuse.

I'm glad you're still coming down on Wednesday. It'll be great if Ben can come too!

Urban & Arty:

How much later did you guys stay out? How was the Fisherman?

Folks:

Keep in mind that we have a shoe free home. We have clean slippas for everybody, but you may be more comfy in your own slippas or in a favorite pair of socks.

Also, we have a cat that we did not have last time y'all visited. I hope no one's allergic!

Directions (by Train):

Take the NJTransit's NORTH JERSEY COAST LINE from Penn Station. Get off at the LITTLE SILVER Station (it's the one after Red Bank).

Check
www.njtransit.com for schedules.

Let me know when about when you plan to come down & call me once on the train so I'll know when to come pick you up at the station.

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 3:35 pm   Permalink

The Fishermen were fantastic! We stayed 'til about one. I'm ready to head over whenever everyone else is- I have the day off.

stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 5:18 pm   Permalink

We had a blast last night! The Fishermen were awesome as usual and it's always nice chatting with Steve from Otto's (nice hat, by the way!). I'll talk to Urban tonight about what time we can catch the train. Hopefully, Manic is monitoring this post.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-21 9:11 pm   Permalink

Don't worry--if I weren't monitoring this post, there would still be the happy phone message left for me on my work phone this morning from Uncle Arty. Sounded too quiet to be Otto's Shrunken Head. Are you sure, Arty, that it actually wasn't your hotel bathroom? "You can run but you can't hide!" ? What are you, a Tiki Central stalker now?
heehee.
Like I said, it was Mrs. Brit in the Hut's b-day Brooklyn pizza dinner.
But I'm in for the NY-NJ Hukilau. But Shalom Aloha has work. (Hey, Tiki Drummer, wanna come? I need a guest!)
S.A. is cutting up the pineapple for the dessert as we speak.
I will email tomorrow from work about time/place for rail-riding.
Good Night,
MC

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 09:33 am   Permalink

My pineapple cupcakes were a disaster last night! I had to throw them all in the trash this morning. don't worry--I'll pick up something tasty from the bakery.

Also, today's a wierd day at work: I have to go to a printer off-site at 3:30. i really don't know what time I will be leaving and I won't have email access.

Let me give me cell phone # (see PM) so that let's say around 5, Urban or Arty can check in with me. I'll have a better sense at that time as to what my travel schedule can be.

MC

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2004-09-22 09:38 ]

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 09:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-22 09:33, manic cat wrote:

Let me give me cell phone #

Is it still talk like a pirate day?

AAAAaaaaaRrrrrRRRRGGGGGGgggggHhhhHHhhhh!

Too bad about the cupcakes (pineapple cupcakes would've been yummy!

Oh well! Emi surprised me & made haupia last night anyway.

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 11:09 am   Permalink

Aaaaaaarrrrrrt indicated he thought that 6 would be a good time for him, but we'll see. I've got the numbers. We'll wait to hear from Manic. I'm ready.

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-22 12:57 pm   Permalink

6 might work for me.
If haupia is hau-ppening, then I'll bring some lovely flowers instead of me desert!

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 06:21 am   Permalink

hey kids! Thanks again for coming down & bringing the yummy booze & lovely flowers!

Hope you made your train!

Safe travels Arty.
Manic & Urban - Let's do again soon!

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 09:42 am   Permalink

We made the train. Thanks for the great food, hospitality, and interesting conversation. Love the house.

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-23 1:07 pm   Permalink

It was great seeing everyone again. What an awesome crew of friendly folk!
Thanks again for the dinner and hospitality!
take it easy and see you soon,
mc

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation