FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki tiki keychains online??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
tiki keychains online??
sheriinva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-28 11:00 am   Permalink

I can't find a site with a good selection of tiki keychains. Please email any you have?

View Profile of sheriinva Send a personal message to sheriinva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 1:18 pm   Permalink

I found a cool moai one on ebay. It kinda looks like a tiny version of a black omc mug.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-28 5:57 pm   Permalink

I know that Tiki Diablo sells them - cause that's the keychain I use!

But he hasn't finished his 'accessories' webpage yet - so maybe email him directly.
http://www.tikidiablo.com/

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sheriinva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-29 07:22 am   Permalink

thanks...how do I email 'diablo' as I can't even get his entire screen onto my tiny one, lol.
Any other suggestions welcome!!

View Profile of sheriinva Send a personal message to sheriinva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 08:06 am   Permalink

Try this page:

http://www.stuff-o-rama.com/hula2.html

towards the middle.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 10:20 am   Permalink

This is a good question. You'd think that with all the trinkets you see when you go to Hawaii that there'd be an online presence somewhere with all that stuff.

Along those lines...I've always liked the phoney sort of kitschy tikis from days gone by. Seems that now everything is based on an authentic tiki from the museum in Hawaii. Remember the silly stuff people would bring back from their vacations in the 60's and 70's?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 10:32 am   Permalink

WELCOME shriinva to Tiki Central. I'm sure you will find something that suits your needs here, You can see most of our artists at work on the "Creating Tiki" forum.Goodluck and Thanks for wandering in and joining our Tiki family.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 12:56 pm   Permalink

if you cant find anything to your liking make your own...you could easily convert a tiki pendant into a keychain.
welcome to tiki central.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 11:45 pm   Permalink

I haven't seen any tiki keychains on the net, so this response is not really helpful (unfortunately). But as a little aside, this thread brings to mind a time, I think it was in the early 70's, when it was still kosher to make tiki "surfer" pendants out of carved Hawaiian volcanic rock. Yeah, they used to be for real!!! I even had one, on a thin leather strap; lost long ago, when the strap went snap. The pendant had some weight to it. When I tried to get another one on a family visit to Hawaii, my little child mind was dismayed to discover that they were now all being made out of some kind of resin (polyester, or maybe urethane); still nice-looking (and certainly better for purposes of ecological preservation), but not the same thing. It's a memory of an image crudely shattered--for me, it was the day the world started to go all kinda plastic. Ah, it's all good.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stainless Steel Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-30 07:42 am   Permalink

Not re the keychain thread either, but I used to have a tiki figurine necklace carved from a sea urchin's spine. I recently tried to find it, but couldn't. Believe my parents brought it home from Bora Bora.

[ This Message was edited by: Stainless Steel Tiki on 2004-08-30 07:43 ]

View Profile of Stainless Steel Tiki Send a personal message to Stainless Steel Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 08:06 am   Permalink

the chikitiki runs tikidiablo...
here's his profile
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=265

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sheriinva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-31 06:52 am   Permalink

I had already gone to the link posted, it's in my favorites Thanks!! I may have to go with the pendant idea. I was in VA Beach last weekend and guess what? Only ONE store had anything tikki! I couldn't believe it. If you have never been, it's amazing...dozens of stores and all carry the SAME THINGS! The exact same towels, shirts, gifts..it's WEIRD. On to search for the perfect tiki keychain..or something..lol BY THE WAY, this site is great, you all have me wanting to decorate my entire house in tiki!

Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 3:10 pm   Permalink

Here is one way to get a tiki key chain, Go to www.tikiking.com, go to the tiki stuff, pick out a necklace, buy it and include a note saying you want it as a keychain.
I still do keychains, but only when people ask for them.
Cheers!
Tiki King

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sheriinva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-01 07:11 am   Permalink

ooh, I LOVE 'Toothpick' and 'Crybaby' very much! Does Crybaby come in that darker wood? Your site is great, by the way! Thanks for posting!

Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 8:28 pm   Permalink

our very own tikitony has tons of hand carved necklaces and keychains he does from driftwood. If you want more (other than tikiking and chiki's stuff) shoot him an email:
http://www.tikitony.com

Benzart is too modest to say that his carvings are excellent and I'm sure he'd carve you up a very nice keychain (although, after you get it you'll probably not want to use it as a key chain for fear of scuffing it up!)

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation