FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Lounge, Pittsburgh, PA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Lounge, Pittsburgh, PA (bar)
panampia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-01-03 09:05 am   Permalink

Hey Doctor, thank you for the offer for help! Save the date, July 21 with a rain date of July 28th. I'll be getting in touch as it gets closer. Let any other tikiBurgers know. They are welcome...
Panampia

View Profile of panampia Send a personal message to panampia  Email panampia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 10:24 pm   Permalink

I wish this place had higher ceilings, and more walking space. I checked it out a couple times when I lived in Pittsburgh for a year. I wanted WAITIKI to play here, but there's just no floor space/setup for a band. Do they still have those volcanic stalactites hanging down?

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Bamboo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-16 3:11 pm   Permalink

I think they still have the stalactites, but I've only been there once and don't remember all the little details

And I'm with you on the floor space. I wish they had a smidge more open area for live bands too.

View Profile of Dr. Bamboo Send a personal message to Dr. Bamboo  Goto the website of Dr. Bamboo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-02 11:08 pm   Permalink

Inky and I hope to check this out later this month. No posts since 2007--hope it is still open!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 03:23 am   Permalink

Yep it is still open,
What will you be in town for? PGH is not exactly a tiki meca.. anymore that is.. the escapism once ran rampant in these hills... but died off many moons ago.. The Tiki Bar is visually amazing, but the drinks as I recall were nothing to write home about.. then again it has been some time since I had been there...
When will you be in town? I might make it down there and round up some of the Tiki Folks that I know and meet up with you.
let me know!
Von Yinzer

[ This Message was edited by: rustbeltcat 2009-06-03 03:25 ]

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-03 07:15 am   Permalink

I'm glad you guys resurrected this topic. I'm going to be in Pitt in a couple weeks (23rd and 24th) and want to check this place out. Per Critiki, it's the closest existing Tiki Bar to Columbus.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matango Derek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-16 7:49 pm   Permalink

MrSmiley and LoungeShark,

VonYinzer and myself are tiki brothers here in Pgh. Please let us know when you arrive so we can imbibe together!

Matango Derek

View Profile of Matango Derek Send a personal message to Matango Derek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-06-26 5:24 pm   Permalink

Inky and I will be in town Sat and Sunday . We hope to make it Saturday night--but I don't think we have a car. We are staying by the airport which seems a little far! Check your PM's

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-06-26 5:29 pm   Permalink

Any excuse is a good one for visiting a tiki bar right? Feel free to go anyway in case you just want to go and take a chance that we won't make it. We probably won't know if we are making it until the last minute-or when we walk in the bar!

mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-06-29 10:35 pm   Permalink

I gotta say-this place is pretty cool! Granted, it was VERRRY busy and we were only there for about and hour so I couldn't really fine tooth the place. The drinks were fine, our waitress who was "filling in for someone else" was a little uncaring, but this place is pretty much over hte top! About 2 and a two half floors of places to hang out-the main bar area, the dance floor, the section above the dance floor, the Barnacle Bills Basement bar and the mini mezzanine "zombie" floor. Alot of work was done to this place. Sure-some 'tikis' aren't really tikis-but many are. Big complaint--the tiki mugs that have their name and the men's t-shirts with the bar name on it were both out of stock!
Hey locals! I left two ZAZZ buttons for you to find. Both are in the first booth AFTER the bar ends. One was on the mask

and the other is tucked
behind the top bolster on the left side of the booth near the walkway-see pictures.

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2009-06-29 22:37 ]

LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-29 10:45 pm   Permalink

I'm totally bummed in that the 24 hours or so that I was in your fine city that I couldn't stop by this place. However, that just gives me an excuse to go back, right?

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-06-30 11:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-29 22:45, LoungeShark wrote:
I'm totally bummed in that the 24 hours or so that I was in your fine city that I couldn't stop by this place. However, that just gives me an excuse to go back, right?

We made it to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater -incredible!(about a 90 minute drive out of town),we missed the Andy Warhol and Carnagie museums. It seems Pittsburgh has more to offer than people give it credit for! Too bad my day and a half ther was so short!

rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-01 03:17 am   Permalink

Yep Pittsburgh is full of hidden treasures...
Its really an easy city to fall in love with, there is a reason we have made it to the most livable city list a couple times.. LOL

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2009-09-16 4:40 pm   Permalink

Did anyone get the ZAZZ pins? See 6-29-09 post.

Tiki Mocamele

Posted: 2009-09-25 4:44 pm   Permalink

I have been in Pittsburgh all week for the G-20 summit and making it to the Tiki Lounge has been on top of my list to visit. I finally made it there last night (Thursday) and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised! It had all the right elements, private booths, lighting, water features, bamboo and thatch surrounding the bar and most of all, TIKI's! They had mugs and t-shirts in stock and the drinks were pretty good(I had a Mai Tai). One of the employees gave me a tour of the place and showed me how the pool table sinks into the floor to create a dance floor. He also told me how the owners dug the basement out by hand, yes-shovels and wheel barrels! The bartender was friendly and attentive and wore an ALOHA shirt with torn jeans. It looks like it has been there since the 50's but it has only been there 8 years. Now, the way Tiki Bars have become so scarce, it's hard to believe someone would build a new one as elaborate as this. Overall, if you are in Pittsburgh, don't miss it!

View Profile of Tiki Mocamele Send a personal message to Tiki Mocamele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation