[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Jamie's Flea Market in Northern Ohio
Jamie's Flea Market in Northern Ohio
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-30 10:31 am   Permalink

Aloha All,

I am making a trip to Northern Ohio this weekend and planning a visit to Jamie's Flea Market in Amherst/Lorain. Has anyone had any luck finding tiki items at this flea market? Any other suggestions for tiki finds in that area?

Thanks for any advice!!

View Profile of tikimitch Send a personal message to tikimitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 1:44 pm   Permalink

I go there every sat. found some stuff but it's getting harder to find.where is west chester? TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-30 1:50 pm   Permalink

Tiki David,

West Chester is 20 miles north of Downtown Cincinnati, up I-75.

What kind of stuff have you found there? About all I find down Cincy way is the occasional mug, salt and pepper shakers and Lp's (both for display and for playing.

View Profile of tikimitch Send a personal message to tikimitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 10:11 am   Permalink

I feel for you guys - having lived in Cleveland for 24 years, and having scoured Ohio for Tiki, I can state that ever since the demise of Kahiki, the most Tiki you're likely to see in the entire state is at Tiki David's house!

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 11:07 am   Permalink

If you can find ANYTHING at all from the Bali Hai in Canton... get it and sell it back to me.

mahalo!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-01 11:10 am   Permalink

OK, now I am really depressed. Is it really that bad or just bad in relation to what you might find in Florida or California?

By the way, anybody have an Arthur Lyman Taboo or Pele LP they want to part with?

I think I need a Mai Tai

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 12:03 pm   Permalink

I beg to differ. I live in columbus, and me and my friends find tiki stuff all the time. I've got so much stuff, I ran out of room and alot of times I now pass stuff by. its hit and miss, but it's certainly here. I also carve and sell tikis. jimmy.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 12:25 pm   Permalink

And I can attest, MIGHTY FINE TIKIS TOO!!

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 07:31 am   Permalink

hey tikibars ,you never made it back to see the whole back yard set up.call next time in town before the fall tear down. scored,and built a lot mure stuff since your last visit. working on a 8'redeyed smoke belching fire beathing tiki in the back yard.gonna be awsome. TD

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID on 2004-09-02 07:33 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-02 07:31, TIKI DAVID wrote:
hey tikibars ,you never made it back to see the whole back yard set up.call next time in town before the fall tear down. scored,and built a lot mure stuff since your last visit. working on a 8'redeyed smoke belching fire beathing tiki in the back yard.gonna be awsome. TD

I have no doubts it will be awesome.

Probably no trip to Cleve-O until next spring tho. I'll bring the rum for your spring opening party.

Then, it'll be a road trip to Columbus to scoop up Chisel Slingers abandoned leftovers!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 2:19 pm   Permalink

COOL,let me know ,i've got trucks TD

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation