[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 9/18
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 9/18
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 11:37 am   Permalink

This is the Hukilau Preview Party! If any of you are planning to travel down early to Ft. Lauderdale make this event your kickoff! $5 cover this time!!

*This is I Belli Di Waikiki's first performance as they hit the U.S
*Tongo-hiti Spectacular Tropicale performs at 11:30 with a show that will amaze you!
*Dames A'Flame Burlesque entices you with their version of a modern day Polynesian Floorshow and peform throughout the Tongo-hiti set
*Toniet gives away another Temptation Potion
*Swanky will spin has luscious grooves
*Tiki Artists
*Trader Vic's prizes raffled all night long!
*and much, much, more.....

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-09-08 20:45 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-08 2:19 pm   Permalink

Greetings!

Just booked my flight and will be attemding the pre-hukilau shows in at the 40 Watt club and at Trader Vic's. Look forward to meeting the Georgia Tikiphiles in their native territory...

see you then...Aloha!

Moi

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.
(Horace - Odes, Book III, xxix)

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 9:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:57 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 07:12 am   Permalink

Great - look forward to seeing you both. This is going to be a fantastic show!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 6:55 pm   Permalink

Kiliki,
See you there!
JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-11 12:36 am   Permalink

Look forward to seeing y'all in Atlanta/Athens/Knoxville...

Anyone up for beignets at the Cafe Du monde in the atlanta underground as well...lol...man i love that place and short of the original Cafe Du monde in New Orleans, it will do in a pinch...

Moi

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst,
for I have lived today.
(Horace - Odes, Book III, xxix)

View Profile of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Send a personal message to Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave  Email Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave Goto the website of Drunk Sailor on Shore Leave     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 07:51 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:59 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 10:52 am   Permalink

Breakfast Sunday is great! I'll think of a place that we can all gather and sit together. Maybe a late breakfast - around 11:00am sound ok to everyone? I just couldn't make that 10:00am mark last time. We might take I Belli out to a couple of places after Tiki Torch Nights so I need that extra hour of beauty sleep.

The Hukilau

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 10:56 am   Permalink

And then the tiki convoy heads to Knoxville! TNTiki, Moi, I Belli and I. Oh man...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 1:42 pm   Permalink

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 1:44 pm   Permalink

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-11 1:50 pm   Permalink

Just to let everyone know, this Tiki Torch Nights is in the Puka Room at Trader Vic's. We'll have a full program of events once you get there. We're experimenting with this area and creating more of a "Show" area since the bar area gets so conjested and overwhelming for the bartenders. Those of you whom attended the first Hukilau in 2002 will know what area I'm speaking of. You may want to plan to get there a little early and get a seat.

We've just discovered a hula troupe that happen to live about 25 miles outside of Atlanta! Hopefully we will be able to add them to the line-up that evening.

Just wait until you see the Tongo-hiti set!

The Hukilau

Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-14 08:17 am   Permalink

I anticipate a trail of empty rum bottles stretching from Athens to Atlanta. Finding our caravan of tikiphiles wont be hard to track...LOL

see y'all in a few days...

Mahalo'z!

Moi

[ This Message was edited by: drunk sailor on shore leave on 2004-09-15 14:17 ]

JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-11 13:50, tiki_kiliki wrote:
You may want to plan to get there a little early and get a seat.

Kiliki,
This is my first time (blush), so do you mean before 6 p.m.?

JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 4:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha JTD - let me assist you with you first time (he, he)

The actual entertainment is going to begin at 9:00pm. We anticipate a huge crowd for this one, probably around 400 people. We have painted the town Tiki in preparation for this Torch Night.

I would say, be there around 7-8ish to make sure you get a seat. The Atlanta crowd is so unpredictable so we never know if it's an early crowd or late crowd. It's been all of the above the past 5 months.

We're re-evaluating the space on Thursday evening to see what's the best plan of action for a larger crowd. Either way, plan to be there early!

The Hukilau

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation