[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Wannabe Mug Designers
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Wannabe Mug Designers
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 4:14 pm   Permalink

I'm guessing there are a lot of creative types here who are itching to design a mug, myself included. I know that there is a push for a Basement Kahuna mug on another thread, and there are a few more I would like to see signature mugs from, namely Benzart and Sam Gambino.

Who else would you like to seemake the A-list for the next great mug design? Yes you can nominate youself.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

Since I don't qualify for the "A" list, I would like to be first on the "B" list. Indeed I am interested but have no idea where to start. I have a concept mug idea already sketched

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 5:13 pm   Permalink

MMan,

Having a sketch puts you ahead of the pack. Definate a-list material.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 5:22 pm   Permalink

i would love to be in the second spot on the B list behind Monkeyman. I'm with him really don't know exactly were to start or what to do but i have a list of ideas.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 8:01 pm   Permalink

You guys ought to design some more tiki bowls too for consuming mass quantities around a table. Theres not enough bowls...something like 3 or 4 black moai supporting a huge black lava type bowl with the inside a orangish-red glaze with a place to put something flaming in...oh yeah and some portholes to hold the straws in place. that way you can put your straw down and you wont lose it. ok? ok. Thanks.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 8:24 pm   Permalink

Yes, we do need more bowls. And not just the bowls for the large drinks, but for everyday breakfast use.

I start many of my mornings with a bowl of cereal, and I think it would be fun to start the day right by eating out of a tiki-themed cereal bowl. And then, many hours later, I could end the day by mixing a drink and it drinking out of a tiki-themed volcano bowl.

If I start the day with tiki, and end the day with tiki, then it might be easier to feel tiki in all the hours in-between.

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-08-30 20:25 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 9:43 pm   Permalink

I nominate myself for first on the c list...It's gonna be a pirate tiki...

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-08-30 21:44 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 11:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-30 20:24, ikitnrev wrote:
I start many of my mornings with a bowl of cereal, and I think it would be fun to start the day right by eating out of a tiki-themed cereal bowl.

We want to eat our Tiki Puffs cereal (you KNOW it's coming) out of a Tiki cereal bowl!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 11:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-30 20:01, Tiki Rider wrote:
You guys ought to design some more tiki bowls too for consuming mass quantities around a table. Theres not enough bowls...something like 3 or 4 black moai supporting a huge black lava type bowl with the inside a orangish-red glaze with a place to put something flaming in...oh yeah and some portholes to hold the straws in place. that way you can put your straw down and you wont lose it. ok? ok. Thanks.

I like tiki riders idea! Make it a theme bowl, Moai or such and get three people to do drawings then go from there. Octane, Benzart, others. WHO'S IN?

Toa

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-08-31 09:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 02:06 am   Permalink

I have a bowl debuting at the Hukilau. Straw holders included!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 08:14 am   Permalink

Thanks for the nomination, Raffertiki. I wouldn't mind being on the "B-List" even with a shrunken head mug - I could be the "Ed Wood" of mug designers! (Without the angora sweater though).

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 08:35 am   Permalink

Holden, if you are listening, please put me down for one of Sam's shrunken head mugs.

Sam, don't be so quik to give up on the sweater.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 08:44 am   Permalink

The first example of my mug done with Saint Thomas should be ready for Hukilau so you can pre-order. I can't call myself a designer, more of an idea man. Saint Thomas is making it into a reality. I am also urging him to create a volcano bowl for one which is coming along.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 08:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-31 08:35, Raffertiki wrote:
Holden, if you are listening, please put me down for one of Sam's shrunken head mugs.

Sam, don't be so quik to give up on the sweater.

Well okay, maybe a powder blue one - but NEVER pink! Pink clashes with my skin tone.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 09:00 am   Permalink

as a 'fly on the wall' to this discussion, i just want to tell you all how inspiring this is. these will be the collectors' holy grails of tomorrow!

and maybe a picture of sam gambino in a powder blue sweater

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-08-31 09:02 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation