FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Surprise Party for Floratina 09/05/04 !
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Surprise Party for Floratina 09/05/04 !
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 10:35 pm   Permalink

Shh, don't tell Tina, we're throwing a surprise birthday party for her this Sunday. It will be at Krustiki and Ookoo Lady's house in El Monte. (We're about a 10 minute drive from the Bahooka) Start 2:00 ish? Bring pot luck? Sleep over? Bring swim suits for the pool? Bring kids? Bring ukuleles and other misc. musical instruments and noise makers? YES YES YES YES YES! Blue pancakes? Uh, no. Well ok, if you insist.

There is a Metrolink station in El Monte, about a mile and a half from us. We'll pick you up if needed. Go to metrolinktrains.com for schedule.

Please post reply here to let us know if you're coming.

PS I hear there are a few other September birthdays, we'll celebrate them too. Heck, we'll drink to anything.

[ This Message was edited by: ookoo lady on 2004-09-08 22:50 ]

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-31 9:15 pm   Permalink

Well, the surprise is out, you crazy Krustikis! For those of you who are not going out of town and are wanting to hang with other TCers in LA on this long weekend, Krustiki and Ookoo's is the place. Their compound is very well suited for what we do best - drink, swim and hang around the fire in the evening. It's literally just down the road from Bahooka, imagine that!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 08:31 am   Permalink

I'll be there -- not until around 5-6pm though. See y'all there!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-01 08:53 am   Permalink

I am in.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 2:19 pm   Permalink

Hey you TC people,
We've only had a few responses, and we're trying to figure out how much booze and food to have ready. (Huge quantities). Please let us know if you think you might be coming - even if it's just a "maybe". Hope to see all of you soon.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 2:50 pm   Permalink

Would it be appropriate if I brought my kids? We would probably not stay all night.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 2:59 pm   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I will try to be there, might be alittle late though.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 3:26 pm   Permalink

It's OK to bring kids. Bring swimsuits for them for the pool.

Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 3:27 pm   Permalink

Kids are welcome. Our only concern is the place is not really kid proof and somebody (most likly Krustiki, me) will have to keep an eye on the swimming pool. The Krustiki Compound is on a half acre lot. Lots of grass, the mowing type, orange trees, avocado trees, A very large area, to set up tents for a campout. Tiki Torches, yes some propane powered. Fairly large pool, diving board for those killer drunken cannonballs.
An elementary school across the street with plenty of skateboarding space, basketball courts. Coming late? Good, we plan on a late night. The neighbors will not complain of the noise because of the size of the place. We can make noise.
And did we mention fire. A couple of outdoor fireplaces. And remember, even though this party is on a Sunday, it is a three day week-end. It is a perfect place to make a Bahooka Run, enjoy it, and bam, a ten minute drive you are back at Camp Krustiki.
Bring your Ukes, guitars,drums,amps and your world famous wackiness.

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki on 2004-09-02 15:29 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-02 6:54 pm   Permalink

Sorry I didn't post earlier. (Was waiting on the outcome of MamaVintage's surgery.) But Atomic and I definitely want to make it if at all possible. How could we miss our sweet Miss Floratina's b-day! And you know Atomic loves those '"drunken cannonballs"!)

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-02 7:06 pm   Permalink

We will try to be there also! I will confirm as soon as it's 100%. Sunday is Mrs. Fury's birthday too so we may drag her wonderful sister along. Aloha.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 9:00 pm   Permalink

I see that a couple of other Virgos have checked in here: Poly Pop (the 11th) and Vintage Girl (the 9th)!

Prayers going up for your mom's safe recovery, VG.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 12:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-03 21:00, floratina wrote:
I see that a couple of other Virgos have checked in here: Poly Pop (the 11th) and Vintage Girl (the 9th)!

Utopiandreems is on the 12th.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 03:12 am   Permalink

Regretably I won't be able to make the festivities this weekend. But I wish you a very Happy Birthday Tina from one Virgo to another (I barely squeak by on the 21st).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

100%. What shall we bring? We will be there about 5-7:00. Mrs. Fury's sister's bday is the 21st. We are taking her to the Bahooka for her first time and will be there after.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation