FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What a Trip (or Is Bong the Tiki Messiah)
What a Trip (or Is Bong the Tiki Messiah)
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-09-05 11:27 am   Permalink

Now check this - the Smokin' M's are playing across the street from my house at my neighbor's yearly wild-ass luau.

As we're packing the equipment up, I hear over the roar of the crowd the name of my birthplace - Tiki Central!

I drop everything (luckily it wasn't my guitar) and focus on the kindered soul that mentioned those precious words.

I walk up towards her, as a beam of divine light illuminates my path. I say "tell me child of tiki, who art thou", to which she says - Tikiholic!

Man, or man (or woman), what are the chances that we play a non-descript luau and a fellow TC member is in attendance? (statistically speaking it's 1 in 832,038,273.110485 - but who's counting).

So I says to myself "self, there must be some sort of tiki divinity going on here. Why is it everywhere I go, someone in the tiki world is there. Is it me? Am I the tiki messiah (in a non-religious way)?".

Then I ponder further "if I am the tiki messiah, does that mean my dad really didn't impregnate my mother?".

Then I stop the non-sensical pontification as I realize I'm standing in the middle of the street with my PA speakers, and a 1992 Ford F-150 is bearing down on me...

(Anyways, great to meet Tikiholic and her significant other.)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 12:49 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:14 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 1:06 pm   Permalink

Bong, is that you?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-05 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Now check this - the Smokin' M's are playing across the street from my house at my neighbor's yearly wild-ass luau.

A luau just for wild asses? Finally!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode ]

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-09-05 19:02 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-05 11:27, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Then I ponder further "if I am the tiki messiah, does that mean my dad really didn't impregnate my mother?".

I tink dats what ya call yer emmaculate contraception.

Behold the Son of Ku!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stratiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-06 08:17 am   Permalink

Man oh man, when my Band takes off, I'm movin' to the coast, YOUR coast! (It rains too much on ours). Love that pic.

View Profile of Stratiki Send a personal message to Stratiki  Email Stratiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation