[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving serigraphs by Falling Cocos
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
serigraphs by Falling Cocos
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 01:37 am   Permalink

Hey Guys! I finally got the guts to post some of my work here. It took a couple tries with my ancient imac and one button mouse. Hopefully I get it right this time.

These are hand-pulled serigraphs that I publish and print myself. Some of my artists include Eric Gordon, Ragnar, (and soon to come) Bosko, our very own TiKi tOnY and maybe even one from Suicide Sam plus a few others. Please let me know what you think.

"Tiki Lagoon" by Eric Gordon

Still need a better title for this one by Eric. Any suggestions? Do I dare ask?

Event Poster for the UCSD Cancer Center by Eric Gordon

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-08 10:19 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 01:50 am   Permalink

Here's a couple from Ragnar. Don't worry, he's got a great tiki design I'll be printing next.

"Girl's Night"

"The Skulls 999"

Thanks for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-08 10:20 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 05:17 am   Permalink

That's a damn good start, Mean. I like them all.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 07:15 am   Permalink

Pretty nice stuff there... that Skulls poster and the Gordon piece without a name are my favorites.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chefgrey2
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 09:54 am   Permalink

Great! How do I get some?....uh, posters, that is....

View Profile of chefgrey2 Send a personal message to chefgrey2  Email chefgrey2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 11:15 am   Permalink

Thanks, they're available on our website, but please feel free to call me anytime if you have questions. I'm in San Diego (Mira Mar area) (858) 693-1070. I'm a one man show so please leave a message if I don't answer.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-08 11:19 ]

SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 5:17 pm   Permalink

I saw the Tiki Lagoon and the "No Namer" a couple weeks back at the Beach Festival, and they look great. Unfortunately, Crazy Al cleaned me out at his booth, so I wasn't able to pick one up. I'm glad you've got them up on your website Gene. I'll be getting one for sure.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 6:07 pm   Permalink

I have both of Ragnars tiki prints. My favorite one is the devil tiki. I framed them myself. I should post pics when I get a chance so everyone can see Ragnars Tikis.

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 6:27 pm   Permalink

Hey net-tiki, good to see some Ragnar fans here on TC. The next serigraph (silk screen print) I do will be one from Ragnar. I'll talk to him and see if we can show it off a little early. I've seen the ones that you have, they're lithos or gicl'ees from a few years ago. He has great potential in the tiki world. He will have my help for sure.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-08 18:30 ]

MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 12:17 am   Permalink

Here's "The Noble Savage" and "The Beachnik" by Wade Koniakowski, a San Diego artist. They're both 14 x 14 inches.

Let me know what you think. I know we need more tiki, we're work'n on it. These still work well in the tiki lounge.
Thanks for the input.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-09 00:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mean gene on 2004-09-09 01:30 ]

net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 10:07 am   Permalink

Hey Mean Gene, I too think Ragnar can do real well in the Tiki world. He just needs to do more Tiki. I guess if you are working with him on something maybe you could tell him more tiki more tiki!

View Profile of net-tiki Send a personal message to net-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 10:34 am   Permalink

I wanted to let everyone know that I will be offering TC members discounts on all of our serigraphs. I will have the details in a few days. There might even be a bigger discount for Grand Members.

Thanks, Gene

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-09-14 10:39 ]

net-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-16 5:20 pm   Permalink

Here are my prints of Ragnars I framed. I finally got around to posting them.

MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be giving TC members discounts on our serigraphs at MONDO-LOUNGE on October 16. There will be a larger discount for Grand Members to help support Tiki Central. Please check out the Mondo-Lounge thread for more details.

Hope to see everyone there!

OH YA! BTW I'll be scouting for more artists to do serigraphs with us, so please come say hi if your interested.

Thanks, Gene

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-12 10:36 ]

Weence
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-14 4:55 pm   Permalink

BIG SALE ON OUR SERIGRAPHS!!! 2 DAYS ONLY! 40% OFF NEARLY EVERYTHING IN STOCK......INCLUDING GLASS FLOATS, TIKI GIFTS & MORE!

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

View Profile of Weence Send a personal message to Weence  Email Weence Goto the website of Weence     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation